Part Two: Team Breasts and Thighs

Chapter 48:

Part Two: Team Power to the People, Team Breasts and Thighs, and Team Canada

Jessica's POV:

"This is so not cool."

"Why are you whispering?"

"Because it's dark, and I feel like we should."

I sighed loudly to show Eliza that she's an idiot. I couldn't see anything or hear any sound other than her whining. After they blindfolded us, our 'guard' led us down a few long hallways, up some flights of stairs, in an elevator, and bound our hands and feet to what felt like a pole. He also used actual handcuffs, and trust me, they hurt like hell. We've been forced into this standing position for at least 10 minutes now, I was starting to regret this whole decision.

"When do you think they're going to sound the alarm?" Eliza asked from behind me. After we were both obstructed in the same fashion, our guard told us that we were to wait for the alarm before starting the course. Meaning, we couldn't escape and stood blindfolded and handcuffed to pipes.

"What if we missed it?" I questioned instead of answering because I obviously had no reply. Hell, we don't even know where Louis is. He just disappeared on our way here.

"No, I don't think we missed it. They'd make it pretty obvious if this place was to be open to the public," she responded. We sat in another second of silence before she groaned. "Come on! I'm completely weirded out due to the fact that it's pitch black, and I can't hear shit. Fuck me."

"Woah, you have to buy me dinner first," I snickered, and she groaned.

"That has got to be the lamest-" Eliza was cut off by a loud alarm sounding from somewhere above. "Finally!"

The first thing I did was remove my blindfold and check my surroundings. Yes, my hands and feet were handcuffed to a vertical pipe. Eliza and I stood back-to-back in a tiny, concrete room. A small light bulb hung between us, barely illuminating the space. A small, metal square at the bottom corner of one wall had a key lock on it. Pipes lined the rest of the walls in zigzagged patterns, and I was freaking out. How did we even get in here?!

"Okay, we obviously need to find the key first," Eliza proclaimed, and my head began whipping all over the room. We can't reach anything, so how is this possible?

It felt like a movie moment when an idea popped into my head. You might as well hold a light bulb over me. I turned my body as far as I could to the side and peered at the light. Wow, that was easy. "The key's in the light," I revealed.

Eliza mimicked my pose and peered into the cover surrounding the bulb. "I don't see- oh! Now I do!"

"Yeah, and it's closer to you, so you need to get it."

"How? My hands and feet are handcuffed in case you forgot."

I jiggled my wrists, causing the handcuffs to dig into my skin. These things are painful. I gritted my teeth and glanced back over at Eliza. "Use your mouth. Bite it and bring it closer."

"Jessica, that's disgusting," she cringed but went for it anyways. She struggled a bit before being able to carry the hanging light over to her. She slid her cuffs up the pole by a couple of feet, and I heard the satisfying click of one of her restraints unlocking after a few minutes. "Got it!"

I studied her now-free hands working on the light bulb. "Be careful because it might-" Eliza wailed in pain before I could finish, making me giggle, "burn you."

"Shut up," she spat at me, now holding a key alone. She squatted to unlock her feet, then opened my cuffs. "Feels good, doesn't it?"

"Much better," I agreed, rubbing my sore wrists that had nice red marks decorating them. I felt my bandana and instantly remembered Louis. "Where's Lou?"