I Don't Like Cherries

Chapter 50:

Jessica's POV:

"Oh! Welcome! Welcome! It's so nice to see you all again!"

The seven of us kids were ushered through the front doors by Kyle Jenkins. Yes, we were back for our follow-up of yesterday's activities. I am honestly feeling kind of bitter about it.

This was supposed to have taken place after we finished the course, but a lot happened. That meaning, I fainted; we all finished the course really late; and Niall, Zayn, and Louis had to go to the hospital. Yes, the hospital. Louis needed stitches in his hand because it turned out to be a lot worse than we all thought, and Zayn split his knee open by falling down one of the ladders. Niall... well, he ran into a wall.

Once my team finished the course, we were sent home because I fainted. Eliza told me that Louis carried me and held me throughout the car ride. I was ecstatic, but embarrassed because I was so weak that I fainted. I know that I also smelt horrendous.

Zayn and Liam showed up at the apartment second, then Lauren arrived with the other two boys. After cleaning up a lot, Liam took the injured boys to the hospital, and Harry stayed behind. Lauren and Eliza had the pleasure of dealing with me all night. I was apparently a pain in the ass.

I don't remember waking up the many times throughout the night that Eliza said I did. Or when she and Lauren struggled to bathe the horrendous amounts of mud, dirt, and sweat from my limp body while I was unconscious and in my underwear. I'm just glad I wasn't awake for that.

In my point of view, I fainted once we finished the course and woke up the next afternoon to Niall shaking my shoulders. "Yes! You really are alive!" he exclaimed, "I was beginning to think that they were hiding your death from us!"

Since then, we were not allowed to talk about the course. Lauren figured it'd be best that we discussed it with Kyle and the others, but how can we complain with them there? They filled me in on the hospital trip and the bath in front of everyone. Besides that, breakfast consisted of a lot of questions about how everyone was feeling because, to be honest, we all looked like crap.

To sum up how everyone looked: Niall had a huge bump and cut across his forehead (the wall's fault, of course) and a few bruises covered his legs; Harry's knuckles were busted on his right fist, his right eye was black, and his knees were horribly scabbed; Liam seemed pretty okay with only a few bruises on his legs and face; Zayn kept displaying his disgusting knee stitches and how many scabs covered his arms; Eliza somehow got cut across her stomach, her ankle was twisted, and her legs were covered in nasty brush burns; Louis looked hot, as always; and Lauren looked absolutely smug.

Me? My left arm was displayed a huge, nasty brush burn; besides the big burn, my arms were covered in them; my right hand's cut was healing, but it stung like hell; I had a bruise on my ass; and nice, tiny scratches everywhere, to top it off.

Over half of us had horrible headaches, but Lauren passed around these miracle pills and words of wisdom. "Grow the fuck up."

Fast forward to where we are now and no words about the course were spoken, surprisingly. "Ms. Jessica!" Kyle noticed me as he shook my hand. His eyebrows raised as if he expected to not see me here. "What a pleasure to see you again."

I awkwardly smiled and nodded because I have the personality of a sock. Louis snorted at me and told him, "Thanks for putting up with us again." I elbowed him when we passed Kyle, and he giggled.

Once introductions were over, Martha arrived and brought us to our next room while Kyle and Lauren stayed back for a few minutes. The room held five couches that formed a perfect pentagon, and each had a its own coffee table.