So You Wanna Ask Me Out Now Or Later?

Please read Author's note at the end!

Chapter 41:

Louis' POV:

"For the last time, our answer is no. We have a specific reason for not letting any of you boys fly to New York and that is final. You can complain all you want, but don't forget who makes the rules around here."

Zayn and I stubbornly crossed our arms over our chests. "And what is that reason?" he asked. "Distraction; that's what you boys are. With a girl like Jessica who's still growing as a singer, she needs to focus. You would only cause trouble," Avery explained in a monotone. I literally have grown to the point where I can't stand her emotionless personality.

"But what if she wants us there?" I tried, glaring at our manager. Avery sighed, flickering her dull eyes between Zayn and I. "Listen," she started and he scoffed instantly, "it doesn't matter what you think, but what about Jessica? Do you think you could be overworking her? She has a lot going on in her career right now, so do you boys really need to add onto that?" For a split second I glanced at Zayn to see his expression. It softened like mine.

Are we really adding onto Jessica's baggage? I frowned. Maybe we should go straight back to LA today and stop fighting to go to New York. But she would tell us if we were, right?

"Plus, like I said, it doesn't matter what you think. I made the decision and am the boss of you. You do what I say," okay, never mind.

My jaw clenched instantly. Sure, I was considering leaving Jessica alone until you had to ruin it by opening your fucking mouth and talking shit. "Okay, sure. Since you're the boss, we'll just fly back to LA. Would you like me to do anything else, your highness?" I asked sarcastically. Avery look upwards with a blank face and motioned for Zayn and I to leave. Only after I bowed and Zayn said, "Yes, master."

"So," he started and we picked up our bags that sat in the hallway, "are we really going back to LA?" I scoffed. "Hell no."

The boys were already waiting for us in the lobby by the time Zayn and I had finished talking to Avery. "Thank God you guys are finally here. We could've missed our flight," Lucas, one of our bodyguards, scolded us. He pushed us from the hotel we stayed at the past few days and towards a car which would bring us to the airport. "Oh no! We wouldn't want that to happen, now would we?" Harry cried out sarcastically.

With another lecture, our bags were finally packed into the van, and we were shoved in after. We were instructed on what to do at the airport - I mean, we've only flown around 20 times - and given our legal information and whatnot.

Thankfully our hotel was close to the airport, so it wasn't that long of a drive. As soon as we arrived, we were all given our proper disguises before being man-handled out the car. I huffed and crossed my arms. "Well those bags aren't going to unload themselves!" I snapped to one of our bodyguards. He knew I was extremely pissed about the flight plan, and kept mocking us during the car ride.

He glared and, with the assistance of our other escorts, unloaded our bags. I slung my duffle bag over my shoulder and strutted alongside Zayn into the airport. "How are we going to do this?" he asked. My eyes widened when I realized I didn't have any idea as to how we were going to pull this off.

"Just give me a second," I replied quietly. I looked behind me at the rest. Our bodyguards were dressed in casual clothes, but their stiffness and habit of looking around made them seem highly suspicious. I made eye contact with the other boys, assuring we all knew that we would not be flying home today.

We made our way towards check in where our guards did all the business. Afterwards, we found our terminal - not for long - and sat in the seating area. We were refused to go get something to eat because they believed that we would cause trouble and try to do something insane like sneak onto another airplane.