Well Aren't You Just A Little Fucking Ray Of Sunshine

Chapter 31:

Jessica's POV:

Interview after interview after interview. That's what this whole week has been. Nothing but one interview after another.

I'm not complaining, but at the same time I am. It was so cool being on Tv in front of the different audiences and meeting new celebrities everyday. I played a lot of games on the shows and told a lot of stories. It is amazing.

At the same time though, I hardly had any free time. Justin and I decided to fire my publicist not only because we didn't like her, but after my interviews she would tell me everything I did wrong (in her opinion) and call me rude names. If she was asking for a fight she should've just said so. Although she would've had an advantage because she wore so much hairspray in her hair that if I would've punched it my fist would've fractured.

Since Justin and Selena were basically my mentors, they decided that it was finally time that I do this alone. Well that and Selena had an interview and Justin was searching for a manager to hire for me.

Even better, today was a photoshoot instead of an interview which I've become used to - hint the sarcasm. It's for a magazine whose name I can't pronounce, and I'm about as photogenic as a baby getting hit by a car. Not that pretty, huh?

This morning I was shoved into an outfit, Selena did my hair and makeup, then was pushed into a black van that looked scary similar to the kidnapping vans in the movies. I only found out that I was heading to a photoshoot after Selena sent me a text. That still didn't explain why I was done up if I was just going to be redressed and have new makeup put on me. At least I think that's what they did in photoshoots.

I stared menacingly at the driver through the rear view mirror. He refused to participate in the jokes I tried to tell him. He was nothing like Geoffrey. Whenever he caught eye contact with me he'd glare back, but otherwise it was like I wasn't even there.

"Well aren't you just a little fucking ray of sunshine," I huffed under my breath, but the guy obviously heard me and was not happy about that. He shot me the finger. Rude.

After a long, tense car ride, we pulled up outside the building of the magazine I would be modeling for. I now understood why Selena made me look presentable. What seemed like thousands but was really only around 70 paparazzi gathered in front of the main entrance. Their cameras flashed at my car as they waited for me to show myself. They knew I'd be here, and I was alone for my first paparazzi experience.

I narrowed my eyes out the window, listening to the questions that they began to shout. I couldn't honestly understand what they were saying, but this should be really fun.

I put on the sunglasses that were given to me and smiled wider as I saw four bulky bodyguards walk to my car to guide me inside. "This is going to be so cool," I whispered to myself.

The first man nodded at me through the window, then opened the door for me while the other three ordered the paparazzi to back away and clear a path. "Just keep your head down and don't answer any questions," he instructed.

"Why?" I asked, obviously disappointed.

He gave me this look that told me 'You don't know anything' and sighed. "It gets pretty crazy. Trust me," he insisted.

I agreed, stepping out the car and instantly being blinded by the flashes everywhere. "Follow me," the bodyguard shouted over the sounds of questions being screamed. I nodded, keeping my head down and trying to keep up with the fast moving man in front of me. I never once peeked up at the crowd or opened my mouth.

My eyes only stayed glued to the pair of fancy, black shoes in front of me. The paparazzi didn't charge or try to push closer to me because they knew better, but I could only imagine what would happen if they were fans instead.