You Guys Are Rocking The Boat

Chapter 57:

Jessica's POV:

"I don't see why you can't buy her a snow globe with a naked baby in it. You know, the ones with the penis hanging all out." Niall grinned, shoving another meatball in his mouth. Eliza snorted her drink and had to cover her mouth in order to keep it from ending up on me. I always regret sitting across from her.

"First of all," I started, blocking out their laughter, "she's having a girl." I watched Niall's face deflate. "Secondly, my aunt's very picky. If the gift doesn't come from your heart, then you shouldn't have gotten one at all."

Eliza nodded her head in agreement. "That bitch is crazy. I got her a gift card to Starbucks for Mother's Day once, and she wouldn't look at me. She claimed I didn't know her at all, and that I don't care about her. I took the card back and used it myself." I rolled my eyes at her, and Louis chuckled.

Eliza's mom's baby shower was moved to an earlier date, and I was still without a gift. I invited Eliza shopping because she would know what her mom wants better than anyone. (I'm hoping.) Niall claims he's good with kids so that earned him an invite. And Louis because he's Louis.

Our waitress came back to the table for the fifteen time during our lunch to refill Louis' drink. I don't like her. Her eyes are too green, and her smile is too big. "Can I get you anything?" she asked the boys, flipping her hair over her shoulder.

Eliza rolled her eyes and smiled widely, pasta hanging out. "Yes, dear, can we please get the check?" she asked and batted her eyelashes.

The waitress only glanced at her, but smiled and nodded at the guys. "Of course, one moment."

She flipped her hair again, and I internally moaned. She should really tie it up if she's going to be a waitress. If any of her hair ends up in my food, I might choke and die.

The girl strutted away from the table, not having even phased the guys. They must be totally used to the female attention.

"What about a book of baby names?" Niall suggested, continuing the gift ideas. "The ones that tell you the meanings and stuff."

"Nope. Why would you buy a book when you can just look up that stuff on the Internet?" Eliza rejected. He squinted at her, and she returned the look. I snickered at their faces.

"We should just go find a shop and look through it. I think that's our best bet," Louis said, motioning to a store we passed a block away. I studied it through the window and agreed.

The waitress returned with the check and a few more flirty moves. "Is anyone interested in any thing else?" She bit her lip and poked her chest out. I rolled my eyes. We get it! You can afford implants! I mean, there's no way her boobs are that big.

She tried twirling her hair, and I couldn't help it. I let out a few rounds of giggles that I struggled to contain.

"Oh my god," I whispered into my hands, wiping a few tears from my eyes. Eliza burst out laughing at the sight of my, no doubt, red face. Her laughing set me off again, and soon the guys joined in too. "I'm so sorry. I really am. Continue."

I motioned to the waitress to carry on, but she only stared at me. "I really am sorry for... killing the mood." I giggled again, and she huffed.

Louis took the check from her hands, and she stalked away. "I'm so mean. I didn't mean to laugh, but it was funny," I apologized again, still giggling.

I stopped when she came to collect the check, and I made sure to avoid eye contact with her.

"That was awkward," Eliza mentioned after she left. I agreed and apologized again to no one in particular. I couldn't help it.