Chapter 37: Keep an Eye for the Gemini

/37/
Keep an Eye for the Gemini

---

THE NOISE of chaos could still be heard a few meters away despite the fact that Queenie had locked the door of the control room shut. Nakikita pa rin ng dalaga ang usok ng mga stink bombs na kaniyang ginawa — usok mula sa labas na unti-unti na ring pumapasok sa masikip na kwarto mula sa ilalim ng pintuan. 

"Radio check, are you guys there?" Quinn muttered, prompting Queenie to turn to her brother as she guarded the door. Nakatalikod ang binata sa kaniyang kapatid, his eyes glued on the stacks of cameras sitting on the lengthy table, both hands firmly planted on it.

"Ann, Rein, we have full view of Room 319 at camera 13. I'll alert you both for any suspicious activity." Anunsyo ni Quinn, placing a sticky note at the camera on the farthest side. "Sera, Jarrell, the nearest surveillance camera guarding the Spring Bean Cafe is camera 8. We have our eyes on you too." Dagdag ng binata, pushing his glasses further atop his nose bridge before also placing a sticky note on another camera which Queenie deduced to be camera number 8.

"Don't forget," Queenie added quickly, pressing on her earpiece. "The stink bomb diversion we created will only be for twenty minutes. No more — no less. So we better act fast or else Quinn and I will lose sight of the four of you." She said grimly.

"Roger that. Hinahalukat na namin ang kwarto." Ann responded to the line. Tanging si Sera at Jarrell lang ang hindi rumesponde, which was understandable of course; considering that the culprit was right in front of them. Queenie glanced at camera 8 to see that they were actively interviewing Mayer, making the curly-haired girl grin.

"Leave it to the deceptive empress and the jester to stall a mastermind." Queenie remarked, prompting her brother to let out a loud snort.

"Did you just speak to me in tarot card language?" Pang-aasar ni Quinn.

"It's a new hobby." Kibit-balikat ng dalaga habang tinitignan ang kaniyang mga kaibigan, glancing at camera number 13, where Ann and Rein could be seen surveying the dormitory room which had three divisions.

"Here we go." Queenie muttered under her breath, hoping for the best.

---

"So, where should we start?" Ann asked Rein as they stood by the doorway, noting how the room was left by the occupants of dormitory room 319.

"We should look for Mayer's room first." Rein nodded, heading towards the nearest door.

Medyo makalat ang kwarto na iniwan ng mga nakatira rito. Like all the other dormitory rooms, it was occupied by three students. The place had a small living room, a comfort room, and one room that enjoined the kitchen and dining room together — which was the basic layout for every dormitory room in Castillo High. There were three bedrooms that can be found on the east side of the dormitory room; all with light, plain white curtains draped on it.

The first room, as Ann peeked inside, was full of photos of boy bands and Korean girl groups, with a few weights, a yoga mat, rubber shoes, and a basketball sitting on one corner. It also smelled of sweat, and Ann couldn't help but wrinkle her nose in disgust. 

The second room on the other hand, Rein had noted, displayed a few video games and CD's scattered all over the floor. There was a console on the bed, and a large television screen pinned on the wall facing it. On the desk was a RGB computer setup.

This room, smells miles better than the first one." Ann remarked as she passed by Rein who was inside the second room.

The third room on the other hand, was the most untidy one of all.