Chapter 10: Watch Out!

/10/
Watch Out!

---

COLD SWEAT started trickling down Ann's back as her unknown captor held her even tighter.

The night's sharp breeze did not help in calming her down.

"Ibaba mo 'yang ilaw mo totoy." Matigas na sabi nito, and Jarrell glanced down at the phone in his hand before looking back up, uneasiness sketched all over his face.

Ann looked at the others with a determined, but terrified glint in her eyes. Her mind was racing as she felt the unnerving, heavy breaths of the man holding her from behind.

With pursed lips, Jarrell glanced at both Rein and Sera who had their faces creased — either in calculation, or in worry.

"Sabing ibaba mo 'yan!" Sigaw muli nito at mas idiniin ang baril sa ulo ni Ann, who let out a pained groan.

Dahil dito ay napilitan ang binata na ibaba ang kaniyang phone, shining the flashlight on the floor instead.

"Let go of her." Matigas na sabi ni Rein but the attacker merely gave out a low laugh that tickled Ann's neck. To her irritation, he only pressed the edge of the gun harder. 

"Sino kayo para pagsabihan ako?" The attacker asked menacingly. "You're just a bunch of filthy rich students brought up ny your equally filthy parents." He sneered.

"At least we're not criminals like you." Jarrell spat out in disgust.

"Dahan-dahan lang sa pananalita." He said in a low, wicked tone, before momentarily pointing his gun at Ria who was still unconscious inside the small vent. "Baka matulad kayo sa kaniya."

"Now," the man said as if he was smirking, now pointing the gun at three of them. "Susundin niyo ang sasabihin 'ko," Sambit nito bago itinutok muli ang baril kay Ann na pilit na umaaklas. "Or your little friend here, dies."

Sa mga salitang iyon ay kinamao ng dalawang lalaki ang kanilang mga kamay, waiting for an opportunity to tackle the man. Sera on the other hand, slightly widened her eyes at Ann — as if she was signaling her about something. 

"What did you do to Ria Vendeya?" Sera suddenly said in a cold tone, at panandaliang tinignan ang dalagang humihinga, ngunit walang-malay.

At this moment, Ann then understood Sera's message.

Hindi agad sumagot agad yung lalaki, at mula kay Ann ay tinutok nito ang kaniyang baril kay Sera, who tried to maintain her composure under the gunpoint.

"Bakit, gusto mo bang gawin ko rin sa'yo?" He asked in a creepy tone na para bang may binabalak ito na karumal-dumal, letting out a low whistle as he surveyed Sera from top to bottom.

It took all of their energy — especially Jarrell — to not strangle the creepy man right then and there.

Sera on the other hand, did not seem to be intimidated by the man's perverted comments, and instead, glanced at Ann who took it as her final signal. 

Using the opportunity of the man's attention on Sera, Ann forcefully kicked her leg backwards, hitting the captor's thigh. "YOU PERVERT!" Ann screamed in disgust whilst the man yelped out in pain. As he staggered backwards, agad na sinunggaban ni Rein at Jarrell ang lalaki. 

Because of this, all three of them painfully hit the hard, cold floor. It was two young boys against a man.

"The gun! Jarrell!" Rein yelled hastily, struggling to pin the strong man on the ground.