Chapter 31: Rejected Accusations

/31/
Rejected Accusations

---

THE SURPRISE in the quartet's faces were priceless as they stared at Tyra Galvino herself, their eyes wide in disbelief — all except for Sera who was now reaching out for Quinn's sleeve while not letting the culprit out of her sight.

"Q-QUINN—" Sera stuttered, the words incomprehensible as she pierced her stare right at Tyra, absolutely floored that she was right all along, but also horrified that someone so innocent as Tyra could orchestrate the theft and hacking of novel entries.

"QUINN, TAKE THE GODDAMN PHOTO." Ann finished for Sera, slapping Quinn's arm who immediately scrambled and fumbled for his phone.

Of course, hindi lang 'yun ang paraan ng anim para ma-document kung sino man ang papatol sa bitag nila. The twins had also installed Quinn's spy bug atop Rein's locker, which as of the moment, was taking a video of everything and everyone that passed by the corridor of lockers.

But just to be sure, napag-usapan rin nila na kumuwha ng litrato o video sa ibang anggulo, para masiguradong mayroon pa silang backup ng evidence.

"Hurry up Quinn." Sera urged the spectacled young man who was trying to get a good angle, while still staring at Tyra like a hawk. "What is she doing, why is she still standing there??" The young girl, who was now pressing her body against Jarrell who was kneeling in an uncomfortable position behind the pillar, demanded with a hushed, impatient whisper.

"She's contemplating it," Ann realized, suddenly feeling the urge that there was something inexplicably wrong.

"What??" Bulong muli ni Sera.

"She's—"

"Ann??m" A loud, familiar voice that seemed to have come from behind them exclaimed in a mixture of disbelief and inquiry.

Ann, Sera and Jarrell immediately froze like a deer under headlights; whilst Quinn, in his clumsiness, had dropped his phone both due to surprise and his sweaty, nervous hands. Dahil sa lakas ng boses at sa paghulog ng cellphone ni Quinn ay napatigil rin si Tyra at agad na lumingon patungo sa pwesto nila. 

Before they could fathom what was happening, Tyra had a head start of a run.

"NO!" Ann gasped, the four scrambling to stand up.

"JARRELL!" Sera yelled automatically as the tall, lanky young Marquez heir sprinted after the young girl, his long legs and athletic build having an advantage.

"WHAT IN THE WORLD IS HAPPENING HERE?!" Another voice thundered, and the three finally turned around, faces as white as a sheet of paper when they saw Mayer Cortez with his mouth gaping at them; and Professor Simon Zaldiga — who now had a preposterous expression — right beside him.

"Professor, we can explai—" Ann started, but was cut off with a shrill scream not far from where they were.

"HELP!!" 

Dahil dito ay napunta ang atensyon ng lahat sa may dulo ng hallway, kung saan hawak-hawak ni Jarrell si Tyra, hindi pinapakawalan ang dalaga na nagpupumiglas mula rito.

"PROFESSOR, HE'S HARASSING ME!" Tyra gasped, and the discipline officer immediately blew his whistle. 

"MARQUEZ, PUT GALVINO DOWN!" The tall, elder man bellowed as he marched towards the two, with the other three helplessly watching.

The accusation, and the sudden sound of the whistle, caused Jarrell to let go of Tyra in surprise, the young girl cowering towards the wall in fear.

"I-I—sir—" Jarrell stuttered, glancing towards the three who were running after the professor.