Chapter 30: Caught in the Crime

/30/
Caught in the Crime

---

"YOU BASTARD—" Jarrell said through gritted teeth before punching Jayson once more until he staggered back on the ground.

"JARRELL!" Sigaw ni Quinn at agad na inaklas nito ang kaniyang kaibigan. Jarrell looked like a ferocious animal that had escaped from its cage.

Rein on the other hand, grabbed Jayson by the collar, forcing him to stand up.

"C'mon." Rein said grimly. "We're bringing you to Principal Lilia."

A look of alarm and fury was etched all over Jayson's face. He was just about to protest and fight back, when Sera let out a spluttered response.

"N-No." Sera said quietly.

"What?!" 'Di makapaniwalang sabi ni Ann, dahilan para mapakurap ito ng ilang beses. "Sera he harassed yo—"

"I know." Sera muttered. Despite her body still shaking from the traumatic incident, the young girl stepped towards Rein who was still grabbing Jayson by the collar.

"And this is his last warning." She said darkly before striking him one last time. It wasn't a slap — but more of like a punch similar to Jarrell's.

And with that, Sera then stepped away, with Ann and Queenie following her immediately.

"Umuwi ka na." Rein said in a low tone. "Kalimutan mo na nangyari ito o lima kaming mag-rereport sa'yo kay professor Zaldiga."

Jayson let out a dry chuckle, blood trickling down his face.

"I'll remember this." He spat out. Rein, disgusted by him, dropped him to the floor.

Agad ring lumabas ang tatlong binata, leaving Jayson alone in the girls' locker room to rot.

"I'll remember all of you!" Jayson thundered, the six of them ignoring him as he sat there in the dark, a furious expression in his face.

---

"Sigurado ka bang okay ka lang?" Ann could hear Jarrell ask Sera for the umpteenth time, the six of them back up on the rooftop with Sera insisting to continue the meeting.

"Oo nga." Sera snapped more than she wanted, her arms folded as she tried to forget the incident that had just happened.

Dahil dito ay napatikom ng bibig si Jarrell, causing Sera's expression to soften.

She let out a heavy sigh as Jarrell removed his jacket, draping it over the young girl.

"Thank you," Sera mumbled incoherently that Jarrell almost didn't understand. But when he did realize that she had just thanked him for what had just happened, that was more than enough for the young man.

"Sigurado ka ba talaga na gusto mong ituloy ang meeting Sera?" Rein asked seriously, staring at the young girl who was standing beside Jarrell as they gathered on the rooftop.

Before, Rein would have cared zero cents about Seraphim Louise Madrigal. Sure, he might have flirted with her in their early high school years being the cocky Maccio heir that he was, but he never really respected her until now.

And though the two had nothing in common and still had a long way to go in terms of knowing each other, Rein wanted to make sure that everyone in this little team of theirs knew that the investigation can always come second after everyone's well-being.

"Seriously, stop." The young girl huffed. "I appreciate your attempt at becoming a gentleman Maccio, but right now it's more annoying than endearing." Sera snorted, and Rein scoffed, knowing that the primadonna within Sera was back and on track.