Chapter 13: Deceptive Angel

/13/
Deceptive Angel

---

ANN WANTED to throw a fit as she walked through the hallways of Castillo High the next morning.

With her lips pursed and her eyes covered in a pair of tinted dark brown Dolce & Gabbana shades, she stormed through the series of corridors with groups of Castillians immediately jumping out of her way, scared to cross the one and only Annaliese Gracielle Beltran Lobris.

Nevertheless, Ann didn't care about the other students.

What mattered to her was immediately reaching the Castillian Centrum - the central part of Castillo High's main building kung saan makikita roon ang lahat ng announcements and notices mula sa administration ng academe. All of these announcements were posted in the large bulletin board that covered three walls, where club recruitments and student council pronouncements were also posted.

"Excuse me," she said haughtily, finally reaching the Centrum and stepping near the central bulletin board. Mayroon na kasing usap-usapin sa campus patungkol sa bagong announcement ng board of the Writers' Schism, and Ann wanted to see it for herself.

As she squeezed her way in front, agad na ibinalin ng dalaga ang kaniyang atensiyon sa pinaka-bagong notice na naka-paskil roon. The paper had the official red and white logo of Castillo High, as well as the navy blue one of the Writers' Schism.

A NOTICE FOR ALL PARTICIPANTS OF THIS YEAR'S 2018 WRITERS' SCHISM

Participants who have reported cases about missing or stolen draft entries are advised to triple the security of their works in order to avoid anymore mishaps. Any participant caught to be stealing or sabotaging another participant's work will be placed under investigation, and may lead to expulsion. But until then, the board advises everyone to keep their drafts secure until the finals round of the competition.

Sincerely,
the official board of the Writers' Schism

"What the fuck?" Ann muttered in disgust after reading the short announcement, unconsciously balling her hands into fists.

"So they're n-not going to conduct an i-investigation?" Biglang tanong ng isang pamilyar na boses na halos paiyak na. Dahil dito ay napalingon si Ann at nakitang nasa tabi lang niya si Faith Lorenzo at Angelique Rosmeña, ang isa sa mga pairs na in-interview at na-i-feature ni Elysia.

Faith's face had turned pale as tears sprung from her eyes. Angelique on the other hand, rubbed her friend's back in comfort.

"Seryoso ba 'yan??" Another familiar voice scoffed, and Ann turned her head to the other side and saw Roella Guerrero and Mariel Santelmo, the other pair featured in Elysia's article. Unlike the first pair, Guerrero and Santelmo's faces were crumpled and livid in anger.

"Napaka-insensitive naman kung hindi nila iimbestigahin yung kaso namin habang fresh pa." Pagpapatuloy ni Roella. "I thought the Writers' Schism was a prestigious contest?" She snorted. "Prestigious pero wala silang pake sa mga participants nila?"

"Oh honey," a sultry, familiar voice spoke. This time, kilala na ni Ann kung sino ang nagsalita. Turning around, Ann - along with the other participants who came to read the noticed, faced her older cousin who too, was now looking at the new announcement on the board.

"There won't be any investigation because they don't see your novel entry drafts as something valuable. No, not yet." Ann's cousin added, before glancing at the others who were staring at her.