56 - The Fight; Part 2

Kassie's POV

"You've become quite powerful, I must say, "Katherine said after she fell to the ground. I was expecting this to be hard but things were working out well for me. Elle rushed over and helped her get up. "But I'm always one step ahead," she added before holding hands with Elle. They both chanted some strange words and their bodies started merging. Wait, that wasn't supposed to happen.

"You can do this Kassie! "I heard Nova shout as Katherine levitated and joined me.

"Cool, right, "she said, but it wasn't her voice. It was Elle's voice. Her hair was still red but had white streaks. "I think it's time for you to meet your end,"she added before kicking me in the gut.

Third person POV

The others watched as Kassie and the new Katherine fought. The tables had turned and Kassie couldn't take Katherine's blows any longer. "We have to help her, "Andrew told everyone and as they ran, Katherine blocked them and pushed them back. She held Kassie's neck and started strangling her.

"Your mother took everything from me and I won't let that happen again. I have worked very hard to be the queen of this kingdom and a 17 year old girl won't take that from me," she said to Kassie as she started draining her powers.

"She can't do that, right?" Eva sadly asked. Andrew quickly took her arrow and aimed at Katherine. It was his last poisoned arrow and he couldn't afford to miss.

"I won't let anyone harm her, "he told Eva before releasing the arrow. It went straight to Katherine's back and as soon as the poison started working, she let go of Kassie's body and they both started falling. Harry quickly flew to Kassie, caught her and brought her back to the rest. She was unconscious, and she was pale. Katherine fell and their bodies separated. Elle's body was greatly affected by the poison and was slowly dying.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have made you do this with me, "Katherine whispered and held her hand.

"It's okay. I promised my loyalty to you till death, Katherine and I've kept that promise. It's been a great honour to work with the greatest sorceress to ever exist, "she told her before breathing her last breath.

Jean's POV

Katherine screamed and quickly stood up. I told Peter and Venus to quickly take Kassie's body to a safe place. "You will all pay for what you have done! "she threatened before she started attacking. We shielded ourselves from the fire and we thought of a plan.

"She'll listen to me if I try talking to her."

"Are you mad, King Jerome? She will kill you," I tried reasoning with him.

"It's a risk I'm willing to take,"he said and stopped hiding. "Can we talk? "he asked Katherine and surprisingly she held her fire.

"You! You betrayed me, Jerome. I thought we were friends?"

"We are but you have changed. You used to be good when we were young. I get that things have never gone your way but revenge won't help. You can still change, "he answered. I wanted to go and stop him but Hunter held me back and pointed at Queen Alexia. She was sneaking up on Katherine and was holding the magic dagger. I thought the magic council destroyed that so many years ago.

"I won't let you get into my head, Jerome. Step aside, I don't want to hurt you."

"No. I want my friend back."

"Fine then," she said before blasting him. We rushed over to him and found that he was okay. Unfortunately, Sally had taken the blast on behalf of her brother. I took out my sword and charged at her. Suddenly she let out a scream and collapsed . The magic dagger was sticking out of her back, and Queen Alexia was standing right beside her. Her powers flowed from her body to the dagger.

"She's finally dead, "she said before giving me a hug. The sound of thunder was heard and after a short while it started raining. Alexia took the dagger and I dragged Katherine's body to the castle. The rest of the team followed, Andrew carried Kassie ,Jerome carried Sally and Nova later joined us with Elle's body. Tough times were ahead since we weren't sure exactly what Katherine had done to Kassie. Maverick told us that he had summoned Hazel and advised us not to worry since Hazel would fix everything. She was the healer of the realm and nothing seemed too difficult for her to heal.

Macy's POV

After school, I decided to fetch some ice cream before heading back home. As I waited for my order, I looked around and saw Dave with some of the basketball players from school and the Untouchables. He had joined the basketball team and he  wanted to be more popular than August so he formed his own clique. Nowadays, school was just different and I missed everyone. I missed Andrew, August, Bella, Nova and Kassie. I quickly finished up my ice cream and hurried home. I found Hazel with Mia and Mia seemed to be crying.

"What happened?"

"Kassie got hurt and she's in a coma. We were waiting for you so that we could go to Utopia and help."