49 - Fist fight

Queen Alexis had decided that we should not attack at the moment, and as we waited for her orders for days, I realised something was off with Sally. She looked as if something was disturbing her, and she only hanged out with Harry. I had tried asking her if she was okay and I could notice that she was lying.

"Hey, can I talk to you in private?" Corey asked me. I returned the book to the shelf and followed him to his room. "Have you noticed that things seem weird of late?"

"You're talking about Sally?"

"Not just Sally. Almost everyone is acting strange, "he replied. "But my main concern is Queen Alexis. The kingdom of Astoria is made up of warriors and they don't have superpowers,right?"

"Yes."

"Our initial plan was to come back after the break and immediately attack. Don't you think it is a bit strange of her insisting that we should relax and stop being in a rush to seek revenge."

"Maybe she has a reason behind her decision."

"I also thought that too, so I tried reading her mind. Turns out, there is a mind block so powerful that I can't even get through. Something happened when we were gone," he concluded. Come to think of it, she was also acting strange ,always asking me questions about my personal life. Astorians were powerless which made me wonder where she had even learned such magic from.

"What are we going to do now? "

"Investigate."

Andrew's POV

I woke up and drank some water. I have been going out to drink with the guards, which was always fun until the random fights started. I thought of joining them so that I could break the monotony in the castle plus I had missed all the parties back in Whitewood. I freshened up and joined the others for breakfast. Today Kassie was seated next to Corey and it pissed me off. They've been hanging out together lately, one would even think they were a couple. Corey would tell that I was jealous and he would find ways to get closer to Kassie or whisper something in her ear. After breakfast, mother excused herself and went to her room, leaving us alone.

"So, Corey and Kassie, care to tell us what is going on between you too? " Nova asked with a smirk on his face.

"It's nothing. We are just good friends and since he has the same sense of humour as I do, it's fun hanging out with him, "Kassie answered.

"Yeah, it's nothing,"Corey added before smiling at me. This guy was testing my patience with him. After breakfast I went outside for some air and Corey also came outside. "You have no right to be mad at me. You guys aren't even together in the first place

"We aren't together but she is mine, fool. Mine! "I said angrily before punching his cheek. If there is something I have learned from all the parties with the guards is how to punch when least expected." Corey held his cheek in pain, "You'll pay for this Andrew."

Kassie's POV

"You need to come outside with me ma'am,"a maid said to me.

"Why?"

"They'll kill each other because of you," she replied before holding my arm and dragging me along with her. We went outside and found Andrew on top of Corey, punching the breath out of him. The maid helped in breaking them up.

"Are you going crazy?" I asked Andrew before helping Corey up. He had a cut on his lip and his face was all beat up.

"He's jealous. I tried explaining to him that he had no right over you but he punched me,"Corey told me while wiping off the blood on his lip.

"Really, Kassie, you are going to take his side?"

"I thought I made it clear to the both of you I'm not interested. Corey is my friend and you didn't have any right to hurt him like this," I replied before helping Corey walk as we went to his room. Andrew should change his ways soon, before his mother finds out about his drinking.

Macy's POV

I picked up my phone and rushed to August's car. I was staying at Kassie's house, since my dad refused to help me out. August and I were going to a house party tonight.

We arrived and after a while, he decided to fetch some drinks for us from the kitchen. As I waited, I explored the place with my eyes and unfortunately I spotted Dave, drinking and having fun while Brittany was seated on his lap. They both knew each other?