47 - AlwaysHave and AlwaysWill

Macy's POV

While we were waiting for the doctor to give us updates on August, Reina suddenly called. She wanted to check if I was okay, since Dave had beaten up Jamal, stole his car and drove away.

"He tried to kill me but my friend was shot instead."

"I'm so sorry. I'll try to calm down things back home. Call me once in a while, okay?"

"I will. Bye Reina,"I said before ending the phone call. Everybody was here, including Bella, Brittany and some guys from the A team. The doctor finally came and told us that we were lucky since the bullet was on the right side of his back and that August didn't lose a lot of blood.

"You can go in and see him, but I'd suggest four people per visit because of health regulations, "he added before leaving. I wanted to go in with Kassie but she advised me that I should go in alone, since we both needed time to talk. I kinda felt bad that Brittany would see him first, but she was his bestfriend and I could never change that.

"I thought Sally was lying to me but she was actually telling the truth. How's he doing? "Andrew suddenly showed up and asked.

"He's okay. Nothing serious happened,"I answered. Brittany walked out and I told Andrew to go in.

"I can't believe it, "Brittany said and stood in front of me. "What do you give him that makes him love you so much?" she asked.

"What are you talking about?"

"You know what, never mind,"she replied before storming out. Mia and Kassie walked out and told me to go in. I bumped into Andrew on his way out, and he winked at me before laughing. I closed the door and sat on the bed, right beside him.

"Hey."

"You shouldn't have done that. What if he actually had a clear shot and you died?"

"What if you died? I was not going to let that happen and I know we aren't dating but I still feel like it's my duty to always keep you safe, "he responded before holding my hands. "Well at least no one died, so no need to be sad. Tell me, how was Oakland?"

"It was interesting, but not as fun as Whitewood. It has a lot of drama, even for me and everyone knows everyone there. It's nice but it I am not going back there."

"You know you can stay at our place. It's always better when you're there."

"Please August, focus on your health and not on your lame flirting, "I joked and he smirked. His smile was something I had really missed about him.

"Fine, you got me. But before I'm done with flirting, I have one more thing to say. I love you Macy, always have and always will. I know so many misunderstandings came between us but I cleared things up with Brittany. She's mad, but at least she now knows the truth." That's why Brittany was so mad at the reception. I looked at his hands and looked back into his eyes.

"And I love you too, always have and always will, "I replied, before sitting on his lap and leaned in to give him a kiss. I had overreacted. I never gave him a chance to explain. I was always cold and expected a lot from him and never saw that he was always doing a lot. Today I almost lost him and I don't want to experience that ever again. The door suddenly opened and Jordan walked in.

"Oh my goodness! This is a hospital you love birds. Don't you have any respect?"he asked as soon as we both withdrew from our kiss.

"Geez, sorry bro," August 'apologized' before laughing. Jordan smiled at me before smacking August's head.

"Next time at least lock the door, "he advised before telling us that he had brought food. I'm glad things are back to normal.

Sally's POV

We were in the dining room with Princess Eva and Queen Alexia when a royal guard quickly walked in. "You have two unexpected guests,your highness."

"Who?"

"Queen Katherine and King Jerome. They would like to have a word with you," he answered. It's a good thing they came, because I had questions about the robot spider on Harry's body the other day. Queen Alexia ordered the guard to take them to the royal living room before she requested us to escort her for both companionship and security purposes. We walked in and Jerome seemed happy to see me.

"We need to talk in private," he said to me in my mind before smiling.

"You betrayed our Kingdom and you expect me to listen to you,"I told him and rolled my eyes. Our parents taught us this trick when we were young and everytime Jerome had a boring meeting with the royal guards he would tell me stories in my mind.

"Don't judge a book by its cover, sis, and besides, we both have a common goal; to protect the realm from all threats, including Katherine."

A/N

Hey!

Sorry for the late update I wanted to publish many chapters at once so that I don't leave you hanging. 🍁

But don't worry, it's almost coming to an end. 😂

Thank you for coming this far and giving this book a chance. 💙

I love you all. 💙
Don't forget to stay safe, vote and comment. 😁✨

Well at least Macy and August are back together. 😂💕

Have a lovely day.

Misspotatowrites