31 - Coronation

Kassie's POV

I finished up and found everyone else waiting for me at the library. "Katherine will be on the lookout so everyone should act natural. We might not be pleased with how she is running things but we should all remember that she is in charge, for now. Watch out for any disturbance and if anyone gets a chance to interact with any royal from Isle, Astoria or Oracle, try convincing them to help us," Peter instructed.

"We'll disperse in pairs after the coronation process. I'll be with Bruce, Maverick and Peter you will pair up and the Royals will stay together. Stay safe," Jean added before the King and Queen joined us and we went to the chariots.

"You look beautiful, " Corey commented as we entered our chariot.

"Thank you. You also look handsome in that suit,"I replied and he chuckled. Corey was such a sweet guy and kinda reminded me of Andrew. Well, the Andrew I adored before the sweetheart dance. I should ignore him today, I told myself as I became more anxious about the coronation.

"Don't worry, I believe in you, " Corey said before holding my hand.

August's POV

I went downstairs and found Mia with Macy, busy laughing about something. I hadn't seen Macy in a day and I know it wasn't a long time but it still had an impact. I wasn't even sure of what we were right now. We went outside and found limousines waiting for us. Bella was not tagging along with us because she was going with her boyfriend. Macy ignored my presence and I couldn't blame her. Ever since we started dating I tried to mould her into someone she wasn't and constantly lied to her. I deserve this. We arrived and was shocked by the number of people who turned up. The place was already full of people and we were half an hour early. Maybe Katherine forced people to come or maybe they thought it was Kassie's coronation. A guard showed us to our seats and I looked around to see where Kassie was but couldn't find her.

Kassie's POV

We arrived and took our seats. The coronation ceremony was long and it pained to see Katherine with the crown. She smirked when she spotted my reaction as she was being proclaimed Queen. Corey held my hand and advised me to calm down. During the party, Katherine walked up to us and thanked us for attending. As soon as she left, Corey kept quiet for some time before he opened his eyes. "There is something about you she is afraid of and I don't know what it is, "he remarked. Wait, he managed to read Katherine's mind. I was about to ask him about it before I surprisingly received a hug from someone out of nowhere.

"School sucks without you, "Macy said as soon as we stopped hugging.

"I can imagine. Hey Mia and August, "I greeted them before giving them separate hugs. I noticed that Bella wasn't with them and I didn't want to ask since it already obvious where she could be. "Oh guys this is Prince Corey of Kingdom Eta. He's also a part of the team." We caught up before I excused myself and went to the refreshment table. I was feeling hungry and I couldn't hold my hunger anymore. I saw some Astoria cookies and decided to eat some. I placed some on a plate and held one, admired it before deciding to eat it. A hand stopped me while the other took the plate from my hand and placed it on the table. I looked up and realised it was Andrew.

"Why did you do that? "I asked as I picked up my plate.

"Because they are made with ginger and you are allergic. I didn't want you to..... "he replied before he suddenly kept quiet and held his stomach.

"Andrew! "I shouted as I held his face. He was heating up and was foaming in the mouth. Suddenly he collapsed on the floor and August rushed to where we were, followed by everybody else.

"What happened? "

"He was warning me about the ginger in the cookies before he stopped and started foaming in the mouth," I explained before Corey carried him and we apologised for interrupting the party before going outside.

"Will he be okay?" I asked Peter as he used his powers to find out what was wrong with him.

"Yes. He will be okay, "Maverick answered. "He's not having a medical issue, for the record, he's body is resisting some kind of medicine or......"

"A love spell," Corey said.