30 - Detectives

Kassie's POV

"Hey, did you sleep well?"

"Yeah. I didn't get the nightmares again," I answered Corey. He had come to pick me up so that we would go for breakfast together. Yesterday, the queen told her tailors to make some dresses for Jean and I and some suits for Peter and Maverick. We didn't do much since I wasn't feeling well and the queen begged us to stay since it was a long time since she had guests. Today, breakfast was at the royal garden. We found everyone else had already arrived. I took a seat next to Corey and a maid came to serve us breakfast. A man came running with a letter on his hand and as soon as he arrived he gave it to the King who opened it and read in silence for a while before returning it to the envelope.

"It seems that Katherine is not wasting time back in Utopia. Tomorrow is her coronation and she has invited all the five kingdoms to attend, "he said before taking a sip of his tea. "We should all go together," he suggested. The Queen informed him that maybe we didn't want to go.

"No. We shall go with you. If we don't show up, she will be suspicious and will soon find out about our plan, "Maverick told them before Jean would. She didn't seem too happy with that response.

"Besides, it will also be a good chance to see how the kingdom is faring and how our family and friends are holding on, "I seconded him and smiled at Jean. She nodded and focused on her breakfast. The last thing we would want right now is Katherine on our tails .

August's POV

"We have been invited for Katherine's coronation," Mia informed us while she served us breakfast.

"Are you sure we are supposed to attend? I mean, we are the good guys," I asked, ignoring Bella's happy dance at the table.

"We should attend. I'm sure Kassie will be there too, "she replied. I'll have to find a way to tell Macy about the coronation. Kassie will be devastated if she doesn't show up.

*******

"Are you sure of what you are doing?"

"Yes, just give me a few minutes and...... Yes! We are already in, " Jordan said. He was helping me hack the school's security system so that we could access the CCTV footage from last Saturday and know exactly what happened to Andrew at the dance. After a while we were able to access it and transferred Saturday's footage into my flash disk. I paid Jordan before going to the library and sat at a table right at the corner. I took out my laptop, plugged the flash disk in and played the footage. As soon as I saw Andrew and Kassie, I zoomed at them and monitored their movements. Some minutes later, they dispersed and Andrew went to the refreshments table. Bella approached him and they chatted for a while before she gave him a drink. He took it and after drinking its content, he held his head and Bella held his face. They looked at each other for a while before kissing. There is something I'm missing out and the only person who will help me here is Brittany.

Kassie's POV

Today, Corey decided to show me around the kingdom. The people were very lively and they would greet him by his name and not by your highness or Prince. As we approached a school, some kids ran up to us and surrounded us, chanting Corey's name. "Guys, today Corey brought his girlfriend, "one said before the others shrieked happily.

"I'm not his girlfriend. I am just a friend and a visitor, "I told them.

"It's still being his girl friend, "another remarked before they all said 'aww' in unison.

"Let them be," Corey said while laughing. The bell rang and they all rang inside. "You know they were just joking."

"I know."

"You know what Kassie, when we go back to Utopia,remember that you are doing this for your kingdom and the kingdom is not the resources or the buildings, it's the people. Today I could see in Jean's mind that she was worried about the people of Utopia and what would happen to them when Katherine becomes their Queen. You should be able to give them hope, something to believe in. I hope you'll always remember that," he told me before buying a rose flower for me. "Have you ever been told that you look so great in blue? "he asked before he was distracted by some ladies who seemed excited to see him. Nova, where are you?

Nova's POV

I stopped outside the cabin. This was it. I opened the bottle and drank up. I felt a sharp pain in my stomach before feeling an adrenaline rush. It felt good to have my powers back. I looked at the map and at the cabin. According to this, Venus should be here. I placed the map in my pocket before breaking the protection spell the cabin was under. I walked in and found a girl, cleaning the place. "Venus, "I said and she froze. She turned around to look at who I was. She didn't need an explanation to realise who I was.

"Nova!" She ran to me and gave me a big hug. She started crying and I told her to calm down. I can't believe my little sister is all grown up.

A/N

Hey.

Thank you for coming this far and giving my book a chance.💫

I appreciate all the reads, votes and comments. Keep them coming! 💕

Remember to stay safe and that I love
you all. 💛

Misspotatowrites☺