4 - Action figures

Kassie's POV

Saturday.
The one day of the week I get to wake up late. After breakfast I decided to invite Macy over for some girl time. We applied nail polish on our fingernails and toenails while listening to Zayn Malik's album.

"I wonder what the sweetheart dance theme will be. Maybe it will be a costume party."

"Please, with Brittany in charge, I'm sure the theme will be wicked, "I told Macy as we glittered our notebooks. Suddenly there was a knock on my door and we quickly hid our books. No one should find out that I glitter. I opened the door and to my surprise, it was Bella. She seemed to be in a happy mood.

"Mum wants to know if you want to join everyone downstairs for pizza, "she said and folded her hands at us. Everyone? I nodded and went back in to wear a huge T-shirt on top of my vest and shorts. Macy led the way downstairs and almost lost her cool when her eyes met with August's. The A team was present with the Untouchables. It was a full house.

"My house is suddenly the newest base in town, "Mia mentioned to us in the kitchen. We took our slices and sat at a pair of bean bags. Seth, one of August's friends suggested a movie and everyone agreed to it.

Romantic movies.
People do know that they are lied to in this type of movies. No way you'll meet your soul mate in a cafe and he'll do all those things for you. These days boys are focused on two things, sports and video games. After the movie ended I decided to leave Macy here, since she was already talking with August, and went upstairs.

"Dude! " I exclaimed at Andrew and snatched my Mortal Kombat action figures from him. "What in the world are you doing in my room? "

"I'm sorry, okay. I went to August's room to change my shirt.As I was coming back downstairs I found your bedroom door open and noticed the action figures. I didn't know you were a fan, "he answered and smiled.

"You may leave now," I remarked and pointed the hallway. He pinched my cheek and walked out. Some nerve he has, assaulting my cheeks. Good thing he hadn't seen the diary, I would have been dead by now.

I did some arranging and as I took my basket of dirty laundry downstairs, I found everyone playing charades.

"Come play with us, Kassie, "Macy spoke, in between laughs.

"I'm fine," I replied and went to the basement. At least she is making progress, hanging out with August in the presence of both the A team and the Untouchables.

Somewhere in Utopia

"The one clue, Marcus, and you let Maverick beat you to it, " she hissed at him and threw her fist on the table.

"Maybe Mia Henderson isn't the one."

"She is. My son wouldn't lie. Tell him I want to see him tomorrow, it's urgent, "she requested and rose from her seat. "We can't let Amelia reach her seventeenth birthday alive." she added.

          *       *       *       *       *       *
A/N
Hello.
Sorry for the short chapter but I wanted to thank y'all for reading my work. I'm sorry for the typos, editing is still in progress. Well hope you enjoyed the first chapters of the book. Don't forget to vote and leave a comment.
Here's to all the potatoes out there 🍻

misspotatowrites

Macy King