5 - Mia's friend

Kassie's POV

After church, Mia decided to take us all out for lunch. As we were going to enter the restaurant, we heard someone calling out Mia's name. She stood up and happily hugged her.

"It has been so long since I last saw you, Hazel."

"You too Mia. You live here? "

"Yes, "she responded and the other lady, Hazel, waved at us. "You and your family can join us for lunch if you want to."

"Fine. Lucia,get out of the car with your brother and come here! "she yelled and smiled at us. Loud woman. A young girl came running and a teenage boy followed her.

"OMG! "Bella rejoiced and fixed her hair. It just had to be Mr. Andrew Marshall.

"Bro, "he greeted August and the two ladies were surprised that their sons knew each other too. "Hello Bella, Kassie," he added before we all entered together. We sat at a huge round table and unfortunately, I got to seat between Lucia and Andrew. We ordered our food and as we ate, Lucia introduced herself to me and told me stories about her dolls. I adore children very much, since they aren't mean to me.

"Mia, Kassie is such a pretty soul. Are you sure she is yours because she doesn't resemble you and........ "

"I'm adopted, "I acknowledged before Mia had a chance to talk. Andrew almost chocked on his soda and Bella rolled her eyes.

"Oh. I'm sorry if... "

"It's okay, madam Hazel. It's just the truth, "I reassured her and her face lit up with joy.

"Mia, you have a lovely person as your child. Andrew over here..."

"Mum, please," he groaned and she giggled.

"Fine." They continued talking and I quietly drank my water. After a lot of catching up was done and a lot of me ignoring Andrew, it was time to go home.

"When will you talk to me? I'm sorry for trespassing in your room, "he apologized and I pinched his cheek.

"Let's live in our separate worlds, okay? "I told him and went to where Mia's car was. I hope his cheeks appreciate being assaulted.

"August, what number did Andrew get from the sweetheart registration? "Bella inquired as we drove home.

"I don't know if he registered. He wasn't there when we went, " he explained. Mia smiled as she focused on the road.

"So that's the Andrew my daughter has been crazy for, "she said, out of the blues.

"It's not just Bella, every girl in school. "

"Even you? "she asked.

"Ewww nooo. He has a huge ego and doesn't care about anyone but himself, "I replied.

"Don't judge him yet and you don't even know him fully. Maybe Karma will put you two together and you'll get to see his good qualities."

"Oh please mother. Enough with the wise talk now, "I stated and she laughed.

"Okay."

Andrew's POV

"Kassie is such a nice person, "Lucia remarked during our drive back home.

"Yes. I agree with you my baby. Why haven't I met her before? " mother asked.

"She doesn't party and hang out with people after school."

"Aah. You should consider making her your friend. She is a good influence. Anyway next time you see her tell her Hazel said hello."

"I will mother. "

Lucia Marshall

Lucia Marshall