🎀CHAPTER 38🎀

"How's it going with Ridge?" I ask Marinell

"It's ok, we're just together," she replies without a hint of excitement on her face.

Ok, I got it. Something is wrong with the two of them; that's why she didn't waste time and started looking at every moving male. I'm chuckling.

Soon I turn my attention to the reason I met her today. I need to know what her intentions were for Dorian before she takes me to the casino to meet him that night.

It already bothers me that we are two women who have slept with Dorian. Even if I continue to be with him, I will always be disturbed by the fact that he has slept with a friend of mine.

I don't know if I'm overreacting, but the whole thing seems awkward and weird to me.

"Well, our subject now is Dorian and you," she tells me as if he has read my thoughts.

She didn't fall out, she's right.

"Is it Dorian and me as you say, or Dorian and you?" I ask her, pointing at her with my finger.

"Come on, Reva. There's no such thing. I had nothing serious with him and I think that was obvious. Apart from the fact that I fooled around with him twice, there's nothing else, and there never will be," she responds and catches me up with the last thing he said.

If it is that way, then why did she sleep with him? After what she did with him, why did she take me to meet him?

"Listen, Marinell. We've known each other for years. We're more than friends. We've shared a lot of things. What did you think? Even if you liked Dorian, did you think I'd put him above our friendship? Even if I was with him and you told me you wanted to do something with him, did you think I'd stop you or get mad? I wouldn't put any boyfriend above our friendship," I tell her, with all the persuasiveness and sincerity in my tone.

She looks at me puzzled. She's trying to figure out if I mean what I'm saying.

"Uh..." she pauses and looks down, "yeah, that's what I thought, that you might get angry," she says finally.

She made the 'right mistake' and just admitted that she liked Dorian and that I wouldn't even bother her, who I was supposed to be her friend if she wanted to conquer him. It was much easier to fall into my trap than I thought. I didn't mean any of what I said to her about our friendship and Dorian. I did it to force her to admit what she was avoiding.

I feel like all the years of friendship with her are falling apart in front of my eyes. But I also felt satisfaction that I heard her with my ears admitting what tormented and haunted my confidence in her.

Marinell is already finished as my friend. If she was immoral towards me while I was in a simple relationship, what's the worst thing she could do if I was married and had the same aspirations for my husband?