🎀CHAPTER 4🎀

Elva lifted from Dorian's feet

Elva lifted from Dorian's feet. She looked at me in a slutty, tired look, and after she saw Dorian nod, she came out of the office.

I spontaneously released a breath that was trying all these minutes to escape. My lungs inflate again; I look forward to seeing what this man wants, for whom I found myself jealous of any female who approaches him.

Two other men came out of nowhere. One stood on my right and the other on my left. They hold guns and cross their arms imposing, waiting to execute any of Dorian's orders.

I'm closely acquainted with the guns and the people of the underworld from my work in court. But it's one thing to examine crime and illegality from the comfort of your office and another to be a part of it.

It didn't take me long to realize that the casino in front is a glamorous showcase that hides "other jobs" behind it. I stood looking at the Big Boss wondering.

I sighed inside. Here we are, I thought. If you want to mess with your life and abuse your feelings, here's the guy who will give you all this. A beautiful danger! And while my age allows me to acknowledge that, I've been there like a fool to flirt with that danger.

The beautiful danger, my subconscious pointed out.

"Sit down... Reva Lennox," the beautiful danger told me abruptly and pulled me out of my thoughts as if I had a strong slap.

Wait, what? How does he know my name? They must have told him at the casino entrance, I thought quickly.

"Thank you, Mr. Dorian Greene," I graciously continued with the same tactic as his.

"Tonight luck was enough on your side," he says, narrowing his eyes.

"I guess that's good."

"No. It's not. And if you don't do what I say, you will regret it. I promise you that," Dorian says menacingly in a low voice.

I get wild and I copy his tone.

"What do you want?" I ask him, getting straight to the point.

"My money back!" he says in a raised voice.

What money? The money I won? What a nice casino, whoever wins again loses.

"If I'm not mistaken, I earned it. It's a casino here, isn't it?" I ask saying the obvious.

So that's what he wanted me for? That's what they do here? Whoever wins is called and asked to give them back. I don't know why but I'm not asking him directly about my thoughts.

"Is this all about money?" I just asked.

The two men with guns take one step closer to me. Since I realize that money comes first, even before human life, I put my hand in my purse and grab the credit card. I leave it with disgust on the desk in front of him.