Do you Want to Push me Again?

Ξεκινήστε από την αρχή

"I had a roomate before you. My sister. But...she died. This was her apartment."

"Oh, I'm sorry I didn't-"

"Know? Yeah, I get it all the time. I try to get to know someone, I end up telling them that, and then...they feel...sorry for me."

"Don't worry, you're not alone..."

"Huh?"

"My dad, he...died." I answered. It seems so weird now, now that I know it was the Volturi's fault. There's just one thing. I never did meet Heidi. I bet she was avoiding me. A good thing too, because I would have ripped her head-

"Well, it's nice to know that someone understands it."

I tried to change the conversation topic.

"So, where do I sleep?" I asked. I didn't need to. I don't sleep. So why did I ask?

"Well, I don't mind...but, I have been sleeping on the sofa. It's kinda more comfy."

"That's ok. Because, I'm kinda weird. I don't sleep much."

"You a partyier?"

"No..."

"Well, I don't care. As long as you don't wake me up." He finalized. I laughed.

Don't worry. You won't hear me. Lets say, that I'm like air. I'm silent.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing."

I knew Charlie a little bit better now. Him and his sister were orphans, and stayed at a foster home until his sister was eighteen. They left together, and stayed here. At the time, it had only just been built. And it was very posh. But one day, Charlie's sister went to the shops, and never came back. Three days later, her body was found, dumped on the side of the road, drained of blood. I guess you know where this is going...

He's lived on his own ever since.

I think I trust him a little bit more now. And at least he knows my name. He didn't before. I stared at him sleeping. Breathing. Dreaming wonderful things. I will never get to do that again...

He shuddered in his sleep. So I lay back down, pretended to breath, pretended to sleep. I heard his bare feet pad across the wooden floor. I knew he was next to me. The sound of his breath was very close. I felt him pull covers away from me.

"You'll pay..." He whispered.

Pay for what?

I froze when he reached for my pyjama top button. Slowly he started to undo them. I knew this had to stop. Suddenly, I grabbed his wrist, but tried not to use the iron grip Demitri used. My eyes flashed open. He stopped.

"What the hell do you think you're doing?" I questioned.

A brief flash of panic fluttered across his face.

"I know what you are!"

"What are you talking about?"

"Don't play dumb. I know you're a vampire. A vampire killed my sister! I found her, and they drained her right in front of me!"

"But it wasn't me."

"You're good enough, an eye for an eye."

"I see no stake in your hand, what were you doing?"

He didn't answer, just looked at me furiously.

"You were trying to rape me." My voice was barley a whisper.

"So?"

"It wouldn't have worked."

"I know it would have, I had it all planned out. I spent weeks trying to find one of you. And then I met you, and you were stupid enough to come with me."

"I am not stupid."

"I think you might be."

"Am I stupid enough to do this?" I snapped his wrist. He screamed out in agony.

"Do you think...that...will stop...me?"

"No, it's just a little taster of what I can do." I threatened.

"You want...to try...it?"

"Why are you so pushy?" I stood up, and pushed him over. He landed on his arm. He screamed again.

"Do you want to push me again?" He asked.

"No, but you sure do."

"If you want to kill me? Do it! I have nothing to live for anyway..."

"I'm sure you do. Go be a mass rapist, you just had you're first training session! And maybe, if you drug her, she won't wake up."

"Why you little-"

"Bitch? I know. Now, what do you want to lose first? Your fingers, or your...toes?"

"Neither!" He spitted.

"Fine. Your...arm."

"Just kill me. Please?" He stood up. And pushed me with his good hand.

"You did not just do that!" I pushed him again, and his head landed on the corner of the coffee table. He didn't move.

"Oh no! What have I done?" I whispered. I'd vowed to myself on the way to Forks that I would not kill anyone. But I'd already broken that vow. I leant down beside Charlie, and lifted his limp body into my arms, not realising my mistake. The blood. It was too strong. I couldn't let temptation take over. But I did, and I drained the blood from his poor, helpless soul.

***

Patting my foot up and down on the dirt, I thought I'd done a good job. I stared at Charlie's handmade grave. I wished that it didn't have to come to this. But I guess wishes never come true. My forgotten mobile-phone rang loudly in my pocket, making me jump. I quickly presed the answer button, before it stopped ringing completly.

"Hello?"

"Elizabeth? It's me, Alice."

"Alice?"

"Look, I needed to warn you. It's Seth, he came to find you. You need to find him, and get back here."

"I knew it was too good to be true..."

"What? Nevermind, can you get him back here?"

"I'll try, but I'm a little tied up at the moment. I'll set off tommorow, see you soon Alice." I hung up.

***

After returning to the flat, I scrubbed the floor, and coffee table clean, and packed up my little belongings. I threw my backpack over my shoulder, and left, locking the door, but sliding the keys underneath. I nearly walked into someone.

"Watch where you're going!" I snapped.

"Sorry, sorry."

"Beth?"

I looked up, and sighed.

"Alec..."