Book One - Reunion

• Dedicated to Yamna Paradis

New story. A fanfiction. I have already uploaded it to another site, and I just wanted to see the reaction it would get on this site instead.

Book One - Dusk

Chapter One

It had been three whole years since I saw the faded white panneling of Uncle Charlie's home. The old, dusty tiles, the infamous police cruiser, the inviting woods on the right-hand-side. How could such a small house contain so many memories? I remembered playing out the front when my cousin Bella would come to stay. We had so much fun, and until I moved to England Bella was my closest friend; the only one I could trust to tell all of my horrible memories to.

I didn't live here back then. I lived with my alcoholic mother and my cheat of a father. We had owned a small two bedroom flat, where mould hid behind the curtains. My room was small, and podgy, with an old cover and stained pillows. My only toy was my precious Barbie Doll, who had no name. My clothes were standered, and we didn't have a TV.

But that was eight years ago. When my dad wasn't having an affair with Cindy. He used to sneek out late at night, and if I caught him he would bribe me to keep quiet by threatening to snap my Barbie's head off. It happened for about three months before my mother found out. I'd never seen her cry before that...I'd seen her angry, very angry, but she was furious, but she still let him in the house. Why was she so stupid? Believing that he would grow tired of Cindy, but he never did. I knew he never would, whenever he spoke to me about her, even though it was brief, I saw devotion in his eyes.

The last night we saw him he kissed me goodnight and yelled furiously at my mother before leaving. He'd left her, and left the divorce papers on the coffee table, next to the newspaper. He was found dead later that night. His car had gone of the road and capsized. And his face was all over the next day;s newspaper.

I believe he would still be alive if he hadn't been drinking. Maybe he still did love my mother after all? And then, my mother started to think that alcohol would solve her problems. It didn't. It won't.

Her brother, my uncle Charlie, was the one who convinced her to move to forks a couple of months ago. He pursuaded me first. Told me small promises, about how he missed us, and wanted to do the best he could to help. He thought me and Bella could catch up. My mother agreed, packed up our little belongings, and shipped us off here. We've been here for two days, however she still sits in our slightly iluminated living room, crying her eyes out, drinking Vodka. Just like she did at home. Boxes still sat unpacked all over the house. My room only containing my old, broken bed.

Yesterday uncle Charlie called and invited me over. So we could catch up. Bella won't be home, he'd said. It made my heart ache.

Me and my cousin had been so close. When I stopped visiting four years ago, she started writing letters. They were the only thing that kept me sane. We spoke about life, boys, family, friends...until she met Edward. Then the letters stopped becoming regular. Instead of one a week, it was one a month. To one every other month. To none at all. And all I had left was some old crumpled paper, and some drab about the mesmerising Cullens, who would 'take your breath away'. Yeah right.

I was going to find her. And when I did I would beat some sense into her. I hated lovestruck teenagers. And she only went on about Edward...a lot; but I was still sick of it. But I had to talk to Charlie first, Bella later. And then Edward if I got the chance.

I slowly approached the old wooden steps, one creeked slightly under my slight weight, and raised my hand to knock on the door. It was a short, sweet knock, but it was important.