A Present for You

For some strange reason I had become increasingly stronger. And I don't think that it was because of my getting older. I'm sure that I would have gotten the slightest bit stronger and faster since a year ago. However, it just didn't seem possible. I sighed, and turned off the TV. There was no point in me watching it anyway. It's not like any of it was something I wanted to watch. Since I was a vampire, and time went ten times slower, I had nothing to do these days. Apart from killing people to quench my thirst, there was literally nothing to do. And killing people just didn't seem as fun anymore. It was like I only killed for sport before. Now, I just didn't feel like it, unless I needed to feed. The last time I'd fed was after my encounter with Jane. And that was a month ago. But I still didn't feel hungry. Sometimes I wished that I had let Jasper end me. Then all of this wouldn't be happening. I wouldn't have killed so many people. And maybe he wouldn't of had to leave the Volturi. I didn't know if he'd gotten away. If he was looking for me. If he was even alive. But I tried to hope that he was at least alive. It seemed like that might be a better idea. To hope.

My whole body tensed up, as I realised that someone was here. A vampire. And a vampire that I didn't know. So it obviously wasn't him, the Cullens, Alec or Jane. I wondered who it could be. I knew that I had to go and see, since this was my turf. And I didn't want anyone to create more bodies than there needed to be. So I got up, tided up, and put on my gear.

How could someone even dare to come into my territory, when my mark was everywhere, I don't know. My anger clouded my thoughts as I ran. Why couldn't they just leave me alone? It had been awhile, since one of them had come, but I didn't think they'd send another one this quick. There was one thing that I knew for sure. I definatally wanted to rip this stranger's head off. Even if I didn't know who they were.

My lips trembled, as I knew I was close. I felt like smirking. I always do. Especially when it's a vampire. The scent was still unfamiliar. I kept running. Running. Faster, and faster.

And screeched to a hault behind a tree. I could see them. It was clearly a woman. She had long, lustrous mahogany hair and long legs that made her 5'10 tall. She turned, and I saw her face, however, I still didn't know who it was. She was wearing blue contacts over her red irises, making her eyes violet. Finally, I realised who she was, and had to keep back a snarl. Heidi.

Just the faintest sight of her, made me rip her to pieces. This was the woman who ruined mine, and my families lives. My mother's life. And more importantly, my father's. She was the one to turn his head, help him die. Then again, I did feel kind of drawn to her. And not because I wanted to kill her. He had told me about Heidi's gift; to be able to drawn people in. Like fishing bait. He told me about how he'd once told her that she had done some 'good fishing'.

Teeth bared, I leaped out infront of her, and growled. It reminded me of when Jane had visited, however this time, it was totally called for. When she finally recognised me, she looked taken aback, and a little sad. But it was gone in a flash. And even though she didn't smirk, you knew there was some sort of evil by her eyes. There was an sinister glint in her eye. She looked at me like prey.

"Aww, my little Lizzie! How is your life?" Her silk-like voice chimed.

Even though Heidi was a bitch, as Cindy, she was alright with me. I wondered why...

"Heidi. What is your business here?"

"Why, Elizabeth. I'm here like they always are, to bring you back. And when they requested one of us, I leaped at the chance. When I heard what they did to you...Oh! I just had to see you."

"You weren't there when it happened?" I questioned.

"Of course not! If I was, then you would still be human. I was on vacation. You were on the bottom of that list. You know, the one for people to be changed. I made sure of it, the very bottom. But Demitri realised that you were related to the Cullens. Or Bella, so to speak. I would of stopped it if I could!"

"And why would you do that, Cindy?"

"You really didn't realise, did you?" I shook my head. "You were like a daughter to me! When Aro first gave me the job, I refused. But he made me. I never wanted to hurt your father. But Caius, he just wanted to torture someone. So he chose you. If I could change it, I would!"

"Why should I believe you?"

"I trust you, because you made Demitri love you. No one has ever been able to make him love, but you. Don't you see? I am being serious! It never would have happened!"

"I'm sorry, but I really don't believe you."

To her surprise, and mine also, I pushed her over, straddled her, and gripped the sides of her face tightly in my hands. She gasped.

"Any last words?"

"Don't ever let them take you..." She breathed, bracing herself.

I ripped off her head, leaving her never-rotting corpse seperated. I knew what I had to do, and left the head, pulling my lighter out of my pocket. I dropped it on the body, and let it burn. Then I ran back to my apartment. And since it was dark, no one noticed the head I was carrying.

It was dark inside, and I left it that way, as I picked up the gift-wrapped box, and placed the head inside. I wrote a message inside, so they knew what I could do.

Master,

DO NOT ever, send another, or they shall end up like our dear Heidi. One way or another, you're never going to get me. If I die, or I escape, it will never happen. Learn you're lesson. You and the Volturi just aren't good enough for my standerds.

Elizabeth

Let's see if the Volturi like that.