The Echo of the Screams

The heels of my boots clicked against the stone of the corridor. Almost everything here was made of stone. Or wood. I kept trying to keep breath steady, as I strided down the hall. I reached the throne room, and stood tall in front of the elders, as I like to call them.

"Two weeks ago Elizabeth agreed to join us to save her family. She will now join our family. And no matter what ability, or no ability, she is given, she shall be trusted as one of us. I now ask the members of our guard to leave. So the change can take place in privacy. Demetri, wait outside." Aro spoke. I looked into his crimson eyes, as he stepped down from his throne. He walked towards me as the others left the room. Even Marcus and Caius left.

"I am deeply sorry for the pain you will suffer, Elizabeth. But I promise you. It will be worth it." He wispered, as he lifted the hood from my head. His ice cold hands gently grasped my face. Slowly, I tilted my neck. I felt his fangs pierced into my throat. There was no pain at first, only throbbing. But then the fire came. Firstly is seeped from the wound on my throat to the area of my shoulder.

I let out an agonising scream as the venom kicked in. And Aro let me fall, dying, into Demetri's arms.

I held Alec's hand tightly, as Elizabeth's scream's echoed through the Volturi tower. This was always the worst part. Listening as they felt the seering pain we once felt. Alec and I always sat in this room, in this exact spot, together, every time it happened.

"I should be there." Alec sighed.

"Aro commanded for us to leave, Alec. It was his order. I understand that you are worried for you're future mate. But stay strong, she will get through this. Just like we all did."

"I don't know, Jane. What if she never forgives me?"

"She will. I know her, you know her. She is strong, determind. I know she will make it through for her family."

"Hopefully."

***

She was in transition. Demetri was to take her to her room, and watch over her until she had completely changed. I knew he would. I also knew that Alec would too. I wanted to give Demetri her last human breath, and Alec all of her immortal silence. If I did this, then perhaps he will beg me for her, and I will get something in return. What I want is more commitment. He needs to show no mercy like he did before. I know Jane will carry out her task. And then Elizabeth will never love again.