26 | Cafeteria

*Zoya's POV*:

*Zoya's POV*:

"Ahem, Zo," Hammaad cleared his throat while walking to the cafeteria.

"I'm having a terrible headache," I said, rubbing my temple.

"I know. I'll get you a cup of coffee first," he said, placing the order to the server, who stood with a notepad and a pen beside our table.

"So?" Hammaad asked, raising a brow.

"So, so?" I asked him back.

"Jokes apart, Zo. I don't know how to tell you this, but I've to tell you this," he said, heaving a sigh.

"Please, Ham. Just tell me what was all that? What did Adiva utter? What language was that? I'm clueless," I said, expecting him to understand me and clear all my doubts and confusions.

"I know everything. There's a lot you need to know. I've to confess something else too," he said, rubbing his temple.

Okay.... so there's something else I don't know?

Okay.

"Hmm?" I asked, with confusion written all over my face.

"First, let me tell you what naneun neoleul akkiji anh-eul geos-ida is," he said, grabbing his phone out of his pocket.

My heart was throbbing hard. Fear creeped in but I tried to act brave.

"This means I won't spare you," he said, biting the bottom of his lips.

"What? But what did I do? She isn't behaving like a fourteen-year-old. Hammaad, like seriously, please explain?" I yelled.

"Zoya, relax. The coffee is here. Please have it," he said, handing over the cup of coffee to me.

"Ham," I said, sipping the hot coffee, and I felt much better.

"Listen carefully. Remember the day before your parents left? Nayela and I pranked you with a bottle of red paint?" Hammaad whispered.

"It's not important now, Ham. I'm afraid of my sister," I said, heaving a sigh.

"Please listen, Zoya. Everything will make sense now," he said, flipping his phone.

I moved my chair closer to him and said, "Go on, go on."

"Remember?" He asked.

"Yes, of course." I replied.

"Lia and I were having a deep conversation about Zayan on the terrace. Since I was on a call with him, Lia headed downstairs. So, after the call, I headed to the guest room because there were many visitors downstairs," he said, raking his fingers through his black hair.