41 | BFF

*Zoya's POV*:

*Zoya's POV*:

"My brain has only two percent of battery left, so I'm going to shut my eyes and drown in Daaniyal's thoughts," I said, adjusting myself into a much more comfortable position.

It's been two weeks since we shifted to our new place—

"Zoya!" Abrah dashed the door open.

"Oh! Look who's here. You weren't here for the henna night. You missed the girl's sleepover, and you missed Zoya's sexy dance," Rumena said, throwing a cushion at her.

"I'm extremely sorry, my baby girl. My in laws were there for dinner last night so I couldn't attend the party," Abrah said, embracing me into a hug.

"Okay, but why did you miss the sleepover? Zoya will get married tomorrow and here you are now. Useless, useless, useless fellow," Rumena said, rolling her eyes.

"Duh, my mother-in-law arranged a meeting with my fiancé last night. So you know," she said, winking at us.

"Awww, my beautiful bride! This mustard color Sabyasachi shalwar looks too good on you. And those pretty jasmine gypsies," she said, planting a kiss on my cheek.

"Zoya, Abrah is spoiling the henna design," the henna artist said, pulling out a tissue from the tissue holder.

"Elana!" Rumena laughed and Abrah stuck her tongue out.

"So, did Dan attend the party last night?" Abrah asked, winking.

"No, but—"

"Ladies only." Rumena said, posting a picture of us on Instagram.

"Abrah!! No, but oh my god he sent a present through Haya," I yelled, raising my brows.

"Don't tell me you did not unwrap it," Rumena said, pointing a finger at me.

"I didn't!! Please go bring it from my wardrobe." I begged.

Zoya! How did you even forget about this?

"Ah, Elana, make it fast. I have to unwrap the present my husband gave me," I said, trying to stand up.

"Chill, Zoya. These are your hands and it's my duty to beautify them. If I mess up, Dan will kill me," she said, laughing.

"Excuse me! Zoya's hands are pretty without those henna too," Abrah said, munching a spoonful of Basbousa.

"Here." Rumena handed over a box wrapped with rose gold paper and a brief note was stuck onto it.

"Let me read it out loud," Abrah said, clearing her throat.

"Zoya, you're my best friend, my other half, my human diary, and my world. I want to spend the rest of my life annoying you. I love you more than words could describe," she read and my cheeks turned red like a tomato.

"Aww, he's so sweet. Someone's blushing," Rumena said, and Elana pinched my cheeks.

"Okay. Rumena, can you please unwrap it?" I said, smiling.

"A key?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Siri, Call Dan!" I demanded the poor fellow.

"Zo!" He spoke after one ring.

"Dan, I just unwrapped the present. Thank you very much, but what does a key mean? I don't understand a single thing," I spoke while Abrah fed me a piece of chocolate.

"When the right time comes, the key will make sense," he said and my friends giggled.

"Hmm, okay. Where are you? It's so noisy," I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Typical wife," Elana whispered.

"Bachelor's party," Dan replied.

"Oh, bro. Enjoy! Have fun, for you're not a bachelor tomorrow anymore," my best friends screamed over the phone and hung up.

"Done!" Elana said, stretching her hands forward and backward.

"Thank you so much. I love the designs. You're the best henna artist in town," I thanked her, and we bid goodbye to the amazing soul.

"I think I need some fresh air," I said, walking towards the balcony.

As I turned to my right, I saw a man just like my Dan. The same hair, the exact height and his body structure.

"Could this be Dan?" I uttered.

"No way! He's partying with his friends, and what would he do here?" I mumbled, walking back to my bedroom.

Oh god! I'm getting married tomorrow.

Your votes matter!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter ☘️
Thank you xx