2 | The Shadow

*Lia's POV*:

*Lia's POV*:

I could hear my family panicking and sprinkling water on my face, but I was too weak to open my eyes.

"Lia baby, are you alright?" My father asked, patting my head. I opened my eyes gradually. I watched the relief on my mother's face.

"What happened to you suddenly?" My father asked, caressing my cheeks.

"I... I don't know.. I was chatting with Abra, my best friend in the living room and... and I saw an enormous shadow while I was facing the wall. The figure was packing all the stuff in a big bag and turned my way.. and.. and the figure put the bag on its back and disappeared. I tried looking for it everywhere, but I couldn't find it. And then everything turned black," I said, crying and hugging my father.

"Oh Lia, come on! You're a brave girl. There's nothing wrong here. It's all your imagination, and that is why I constantly tell you not to read horror books," my father said, looking at my mother and then back at me.

"No.. but — "

"It's 2 in the morning already. You're tired and you need to sleep. You will be back to normal tomorrow," she said, planting a kiss on my forehead.

I nodded my head in dissatisfaction and headed to my bedroom. The comfortable bed was inviting me to sleep, and I silently thanked whoever had cleaned it for me. I jumped onto the bed, still thinking about what I saw.

Why isn't a single human bothered to at least hear me out? I can feel that there's something wrong with this house. And that figure. That was strange.

*****

The chirping of the birds made me want to open my eyes. I was feeling exhausted, and my bed was inviting me to sleep a little more. I turned around to take a glance at the clock, and it surprised me.

"Oh, no, it's eleven in the morning and I've missed my Salah," I muttered.

I made my bed and headed to the washroom. I ran downstairs, assuming that no visitors will be at home. My bad luck, I saw two ladies speaking to my mother, and Zoya seated in between them.

"Lia," Zoya's mother-in-law said with a warming smile. I'm pretty sure an awkward smile made its way to my lips.

"I'll get you something to drink," I said and headed towards the kitchen.

"Today is Saturday and we've got to expect visitors home," Adiva said, munching an apple.

"Yes Adiva, I know, and did you study for the exam, which is on Monday?" I asked, turning on the stove.

"Not really Lia. I hate history and I don't feel like opening the book. Whenever I touch it, it reminds me of my bed," she said, laughing.

"Oh Diva, same here," I said, pouring the tea into the teacups and arranging the spring rolls, chicken pies, and chocolate mousse on the dining table.

After Zoya's in laws had their refreshments, they bid goodbyes and kissed their future daughter-in-law, whispering something which made Zoya's cheeks turn red like a tomato.

"What's up, Zoya? I'm excited about your wedding." I said, squeezing her chubby cheeks.

"Get ready! We've got to start the wedding purchasing in a while," my father screamed in excitement.

Adiva rushed to her room to get dressed while I sat on the comfy couch reading a book.

"Lia, I saw what you saw," Adiva said, panting.

Your votes matter!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter ☘️
Thank you xx