9 | Armchair

*Zoya's POV*:

*Zoya's POV*:

"There's nothing to worry about, Alia. Please relax and we need not rush to the hospital." He comforted my mother.

"Adiva, get some lemon juice for Zo. I guess she's too weak," he said, as soon as I opened my eyes.

"What happened, Zoya? Are you alright?" My father asked, planting a kiss on my forehead.

"I don't know." I said, coughing slightly.

"If there's anything you can tell me," He said, the juice for me.

"Mmm... actually when I was about to enter the living room, I saw an old lady seated on the armchair in a long white gown, combing her grey hair," I said, choking. "I was extremely frightened at the sight. She had wrinkles all over her face. She laughed out loud and came closer to me and that is when I felt everything turn black and my body hit the ground," I said, crying.

"Bravo!" my father said, hugging me.

Bravo?

"What do you mean?" I asked, raising my brows.

"No-nothing," my father stammered.

"I cannot live here anymore," I said, hugging him.

"Oh Zoya! This is not our permanent place, our house is being built and we will leave this place soon," he said, caressing my cheeks.

*****

"Ouch! My back hurts," I mumbled, placing the fancy dress inside the wardrobe.

"Hey bride!" My cousins screamed, entering my bedroom.

"Are you excited about tomorrow as much as I am?" my cousin Alina asked, squeezing my cheeks.

"Hundred times more than you are," I said, squeezing her cheeks back.

"Aw, Zo, I can see someone blushing. This looks good on you," my other cousin Jeeshan said, clicking pictures of myself.

I grew up with my cousins Alina and Jeeshan. We lived together at our grandmother's place until Lia was born. We're almost like sisters, that we had no secrets between us. The best part is that our relatives know us as partners in crime.

"Zoya, a new notification from Dan," Alina yelled, throwing my phone to me, and I caught it like a star.

D: I cannot wait to see you as my wife.

"Aw, someone's smiling alone," Jeeshan said, trying to grab my phone.

"Shut up Alina. It must be her husband. Right Zoya?" Jeeshan said, dramatically.

"Omg! I still remember how Daaniyal asked for your hand in marriage. The way he spoke to your father when we were enjoying our dinner at the hotel," Alina said, rolling her eyes.

"Let me show you how," Jeeshan said, getting down from the bed.

"So, Alia, is that your daughter? Would you like to give her in marriage to my son, Daaniyal?" She imitated just like how my mother-in-law spoke that day.

"And your mother looked lost as she heard those words from her," Jeeshan and Alina laughed out loud. While she was about to imitate how Daaniyal spoke to me the very first time, she received a call and excused herself.

"I'll be back," Alina said, heading downstairs.

I was all alone in my room, and my thoughts went back to that day.

That night, the night which changed my life. I was enjoying the dinner with my cousins, unaware of what was happening around me.

My father, his friend Zinadine and Daaniyal were having a good chat with each other. They introduced me to them after the dinner and I liked how kind and sweet the family was. The next day Daaniyal and his parents came home with many presents for me and asked for my hand in marriage.

"Take your own time and let us know," Inshia said, smiling, but it dumbfounded my mother and me that night.

After two weeks, my parents spoke to me regarding this. "I know him since he was small. He's a gem of a man. I'm sure he's the best match for you." My father said, caressing my cheek.

"We're not forcing you into this, but please consider. He is such an excellent human, a well-brought boy with a moral character." My mother said, smiling.

I was happy to hear about it, and I know my parents will always give me the best. Without a second thought, I said YES, which will last forever. I'm so in love with him now that I can't imagine a life without my Dan.

"Zoya!" my mother screamed from downstairs and I realized I've been in a deep thought. I grabbed my phone and ran down the stairs.

"Look who's here," she said, pointing at my grandmother.

"Zoya, my little girl. How are you?" She asked, hugging me.

"I'm good, grandma. How are you and how is your leg now?" I asked, as she was suffering from a cramp in her right leg. We had a delightful conversation while Lia and Adiva arranged tiffin in the dining room.

They left me alone in the enormous living area as my cousins headed to the dining room. Seated on the couch, I remembered Daaniyal's message and replied to it.

Z: Sorry for the late reply. My cousins are here, and I was a little busy. I'm so excited about tomorrow as well 😁🥰

I hit the send button and smiled at the screen.

As my cousins left home, I did the dishes and headed upstairs. I had a wash and got into my PJs and noticed that my battery was about to die. I plugged the charger and jumped onto my bed, falling asleep.

In the middle of the night, I heard someone breathe right next to me. I opened my eyes gradually and saw a black figure watching me.

Your votes matter!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter ☘️
Thank you xx