19 | Video Call

*Daaniyal's POV*:

*Daaniyal's POV*:

I laughed hard when Zoya's voice turned soft and scary. She was about to tell me something but before that my battery died and my phone got switched off.

I grabbed the charger from the bedstand and plugged it in immediately. As soon as a light blinked from the phone, I unlocked it and it surprised me to see ten missed calls from Zoya! I laughed at how tense she was because I hung up without informing her.

What would I do without this girl?

I dialed Zoya's number and put it on video call.

"Hey!" she answered on the fourth ring. She looked confused and her cheeks were red as tomatoes.

"Sorry, my battery died," I said, giving her my sweet smile.

"Oh, that's alright." She said with no expressions on her face.

I wonder what's wrong with her. Did I hurt her or did I spit out any words which would have hurt her?

I didn't.

"So, Dan?" she asked, raising her left brow.

"You look cute," I said, looking directly into her brown orbs and she blushed.

"So, Zo?" I repeated and raised my brow.

"Uh-anyway.. What were you talking about? Some guy?" She asked, smiling.

"Oh that! Yeah... I was narrating our little love story to him and when I mentioned the name of my girl, he said he knows you very well," I said, narrowing my eyes.

Omg! Her expression was priceless! She bit her lower lip, which made her ten times bubbly and cuter. She raked her fingers through her brown, shiny hair and finally spoke.

"I don't know your friend. Maybe he has mistaken me for someone else. Just because he says he knows me, that doesn't mean- you know- that doesn't mean he knows me," she said, rolling her eyes.

"Chill babe. There's nothing to worry. I mentioned nothing like 'you were his girl' or something. I'm telling you again... You know him very well," I said, rolling my eyes dramatically, and she narrowed her eyes at me.

"I don't know Dan. You better tell me," she said, leaning on the headboard.

"I met your cousin brother, Hammad. And we had a friendly conversation." I said, and she heaved a sigh.

"And then he asked me about my girl and how we met... can you remember, Zo?" I asked, sticking my tongue out and she nodded her head with a sweet smile.

The smile which made me fall for her.

"The day when your father introduced you to me... you stared at me like as if you haven't seen a girl in your life. And I did not like it at all," she said, acting disgusted.