39 | Betrayal

*Hea's POV*:

*Hea's POV*:

I made my tomato soup and stews as it was winter and the Gardener and maid were on leave. Before I could sit by the fire and enjoy my dinner alone, a tap on my door made me jerk up, and a chill ran through me. I grabbed my winter coat and walked towards the door.

"Aunt Mary! Uncle George!" I screamed at them as soon as I unlocked the door.

"Hea," uncle George said, patting my shoulder.

"What a surprise!" I said, embracing Mary into a hug.

"But how?" I asked, scratching the back of my neck.

"How will we forget you, baby? We missed you so much. I'm sorry. I had to send you here all alone. But look at you. You're doing well in life," uncle George said, taking a quick glance at my enormous mansion.

"That's alright. I'm extremely happy to meet the two of you in ages. I'm forty now," I said, grinning.

"Aww, you're forty years old and you're living all alone! You look skinny. I'm taking care of you as long as I'm here," aunt Mary said, heading towards the kitchen.

I had a fabulous time with my uncle and aunt. It felt amazing to catch up after many years.

*****

"The sun will be up soon," aunt Mary said, cleaning the living room.

"Gosh! It's been six months since you came. Peter and Emma will be here soon. You must meet them," I said, yawning.

"Who are they?" She asked, adjusting the wall frame.

"Ahh, Peter is my gardener and Emma is my maid," I said, embracing her into a morning hug.

"Haha. Go freshen up. Your breakfast is ready," she said, smiling.

"Sure," I said, heading towards the washroom.

I gobbled the mashed potatoes and drove to my chocolate factory. I inspected the chocolates and paid a salary of ten dollars for each worker and I hurried back home because I wanted to spend more time with my family.

As I was driving down the broad road, my dixi was about to get hit by a huge yellow truck.

"God!" I screamed and immediately hit the brake.

I was extremely frightened because I've never experienced such things. I drove home and took a seat on the couch.

"Uncle George!" I yelled, furrowing my brows.

"Hea?" Aunt Mary came running out of her bedroom.

"Why do you look like as if you've escaped death? Is everything alright?" She staggered.

"Hea, my girl?" Uncle George asked, leaving the yellow cap on the table.

The same yellow cap.

"Is everything alright? Why do you look pale?" He asked, pretending to act too smart.

"What do you mean by this?" I asked as soon as a drop of tear escaped from my eyes.

"Yeah, uh- cap. This is, umm, not mine," he stammered, scratching the back of his neck.

"Why are you stammering, my dear uncle?" I witnessed the entire scene. You were the one driving the truck. You were the one who tried to kill me," I cried, grabbing him by his collar.

"Hea!" Is this how you talk to an elderly person?" Aunt Mary asked, furrowing her brows.

"You do not know what happened," I said, heaving a sigh.

"As soon as I escaped from getting hit, I followed the truck. It surprised me to see you with the same yellow cap facepalming yourself and screaming 'just a miss' with so much frustration," I said, wiping my tears off.

"Well, so you know everything," he said, laughing.

"Seriously, George? Did you do this to our daughter? I know my girl will never lie," aunt Mary said, embracing me into a hug.

"Hea?" Emma screamed, running towards me. I forced a smile at her and leaned on aunt Mary's shoulders.

"Get out of her mansion!" Aunt Mary screamed.

Peter grabbed uncle George by his arm and threw him out.

I was mistaken! I shouldn't have trusted a single soul that day.

Peter locked the gate and uncle George turned towards me with a wicked grin on his wrinkled face.

"Aunt?" I asked, confused.

                    ⚠️ Sensitive Content ⚠️

Before I could utter another word, my abdomen gave a burning pain. I placed my hands on my belly and felt some thick liquid flowing down my thighs.

"Ouch!" I screamed, but Emma tucked a white cloth inside my mouth so that the neighborhood wouldn't hear me.

"Do you want to know what's happening?" Mary asked, pulling the knife out of my abdomen.

Tears flowed down my cheeks. My family betrayed me. I considered my aunt and uncle as my own parents, but they stabbed me!

"Well done, wife," uncle George said, shutting the main door.

"Do you think we came here because we love you? If you assumed it that way, then you're the stupidest person on earth," he said, pointing the knife at my throat.

"Do you think your parents died from a car accident? Well, I killed him. He is always the bigger one. I get blamed for every little thing, and he gets praised for everything. He has fame, but not a single human knows my name. Everyone listens to him, but no one wants me to open my mouth. It irritated and frustrated me, so I sent him out of this world permanently. It's only me now. GEORGE THE KING," he said, dashing a glass on the ground.

"And now here you are! I came across an article in the newspaper about you. Hea the leading entrepreneur," he said, glancing at me from top to bottom.

"You're running your own chocolate factory, owning an enormous mansion, a super dixi car. That reminded me of my brother, your dead father," he said, frowning.

"Do you think Peter and Emma came in search of you for a well-being? Haha, I sent them here to track your doings," he said, putting a hand on their shoulders.

My heart shattered into a million shards as he spat those words.

"Remember, I made you sign on a few white sheets? Well, that was to convert your properties under my name. I'm the richest man in the world," he said, stabbing me harder this time.

My vision turned black, and my back hit the ground. George's words were ringing In my ears. Emma splashed some water on my face. I was in so much pain. I was bleeding from every part of my body.

"Go to your parents now!" Uncle George said, carrying me towards the railway track.

"Please leave me alone. Take all what you want, but let me live, please," I begged.

"Goodbye. You've lived for forty years and that's more than enough!" They screamed in chorus and threw me on the track.

Kalas! a train hit me and my life ended there.

Your votes matter!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter ☘️
Thank you xx