10 | Black figure

*Zoya's POV*:

*Zoya's POV*:

I was trying to get a clear view of it, but I couldn't.

Is it a dream?

Am I dreaming?

I could feel an extra person sleeping on the bed with me. I heard a woman mourning and sniveling.

My body started dripping, and I woke up with confidence, convincing myself that this is all my imagination.

"Seems like I've forgotten to turn on the night lamp," I mumbled, tucking my fringe behind the ears.

While I was trying to switch on the lamp, somebody caught my hand. And it was a painful catch. I freaked out, confirming that there was someone with me. With all my energy and acting like as if I am brave, I tried to switch on the lamp several times but I couldn't and I gave up.

"I'm going to die," I mumbled, crying.

I suddenly felt the heaviness on my bed and the sound of the sharp cry eventually increasing.

"Where did my phone disappear?" I cried, looking for it all over the bed, despite it being dark.

My hands finally reached the nightstand, and I snatched my phone from the charger. As soon as I switched on the torch from my phone, I witnessed an unnerving figure right in front of me.

The pair of red eyes was watching me like they're ready to murder me anytime. The figure had no legs. It was smokey but had a wrinkled face and two perfectly burnt hands.

Oh no!!

It's the same figure I saw on the armchair!

Within a blink of an eye, the hand caught my neck arduously that I choked on my breath. I was screaming and screaming but I, myself, couldn't hear my voice.

What's happening?

I cried out and my throat suddenly blazed in sharp pain. I was trying to escape from the hard grip, but I couldn't. After several attempts at switching on the light, I succeeded this time, but unfortunately the lights went off!

The woman lifted me higher and higher and came closer to me with a mischievous smile.

"Jeoliga nae kkeoya," she whispered into my ears and goosebumps made its way to my entire body. She threw me like as I was a used tissue paper and I banged my head on the ground. I felt so dizzy, but I was still looking for her.

Disappeared!

She was nowhere to be seen. Suddenly, the lights turned on and I gasped in horror. I crawled into a corner and cried to myself. I sobbed uncontrollably and my entire body turned cold.

"This is a ghost. There is a spirit here," I cried to myself while I sat in a weak position, placing my chin on my knees. Crying out of control and trying to rescue myself, without my intention, I fell asleep on the ground.

*****

My alarm began ringing, but I had no courage to pick myself from the ground.

A saying from the Holy Book stricken my head suddenly. The dua that is made during the time of Tahajjud is like an arrow which will never miss its target. I trust my God and I know he will never disappoint me nor put me in a situation I cannot handle.

I promised myself that I will tell no one about this because I know that this will upset them.

I'm going to have a heart to heart conversation with my God who could make all this easy for me and help me through this.

I forced myself to stand up. I headed to the washroom and washed my face. My face looked swollen, my eyes were red and puffy. Last but not the least, I saw a huge red scar on my neck which portrayed four fingers.

I cried, watching myself through the mirror.

As soon as I performed the ablution, I exited the washroom. I opened the prayer mat and performed the Tahajjud prayer. I raised my hands to my Lord and began crying, not knowing how to express my feelings, but deep down in my heart I know tears are prayers, too. They travel to God when we cannot utter a single word.

After offering the prayers and reciting the Holy Quran, I felt a tremendous difference within myself! I felt that all my burdens flew away and that God will take care of the rest.

I sat on the bed with a blanket, making sure it covered my scar and I was scrolling through Instagram to come out of this thought.

I received a call from my mother at half-past eight. "Zo, you're not to be seen downstairs," she said over the phone.

"I'm sorry, mama. I'm exhausted because of sleeping late last night," I said, looking all over my room.

"Is everything alright Zo? You sound sad. Do you want me upstairs?" She asked, concerned.

"Um... mmm, no problem, mama. There's nothing to worry. I'm perfectly alright," I said casually.

EVERYTHING IS ABSOLUTELY ALRIGHT. ISN'T IT?

"Okay darling. Take rest and this is what you need the most. I will send the breakfast upstairs to your room," she said, and hung up.

The clock struck nine, and my cousins came barging into my room with breakfast on a tray.

This was unexpected. My clever cousins can read my face and that they are going to find out what happened. I slowly sneaked into the blanket, trying to hide my scar, but I failed.

"What happened last night?" Jeeshan asked, furrowing her brows. I was dumbstruck'd at her question.

Does she really know what happened last night?

I'm screwed.

Have a nice weekend! See you soon 🌹

Your votes matter!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter ☘️
Thank you xx