12 | Dinner

*Daaniyal's POV*:

*Daaniyal's POV*:

"Daaniyal, Daniyal baby, look who's here. Open your eyes, darling. I've brought breakfast for you.. Yes, yes, this is me... Zoya!" a male voice spoke, sprinkling water on my face.

I opened my eyes immediately, wondering how Zoya's voice sounded thick, like that of a man. I spotted my best friend, Viyaan, seated next to me with a glass of water in his hand, showering drops on my face.

I grabbed a cushion from my right next and threw it to his face. "Ouch!" He screamed dramatically.

"What are you doing? Like seriously, bro? I was wondering how Zoya's voice sounded ugly," I said, waking up and resting my head on the headboard.

"Haha, your mother wants you to wake up right now. Today's your Nikah and your cousins are downstairs," he said, hitting me on my shoulder.

"Can you feel what I feel, Viyaan?" I asked, smiling, thinking of Zoya.

"Oh please, Daaniyal! This your fifth time asking me so please," Viyaan said, rolling his eyes.

"Just tell me, bro," I asked, again pissing him off.

"Don't worry, when I have someone to think of, I'll call you every day to share my feelings with you," He said, laughing.

And we burst out in laughter. Just bro things.

"Bro, go brush your teeth, it's stinking! You don't want to kill anyone, do you?" Viyaan said, keeping his eyes glued on the phone.

"Excuse me! I woke up for Fajr, and it obviously means that I brushed, washed and did everything. I just had a nap for a while," I said, grabbing his phone.

"Oho! Who's this beauty?" I asked, swiping more pictures of the woman on his screen.

"Argh!! That was my maid! My stupid brother would have done this," he said, grabbing the phone and deleting the pictures immediately.

Viyaan and I are childhood best friends. He's more like my brother. We've gone through thick and thin together. Viyaan lost his parents when he was eighteen. Since then, he's been living with me. Yes, he has a house, but he doesn't stay there much because it reminds him of his parents, so I forced him to stay here with us. My parents and my elder brother, Dawid, love him so much and we treat him like our own brother. My life is incomplete without this man and his tantrums.

*****

The day went smoothly. The visitors were here, and it was super noisy that I couldn't hear my voice. After lunch, I headed upstairs to my room to make a call to my father-in-law, Zinadine, and reminded him about the surprise I planned that day at his office. He assured me that everything was okay.