24 | Diva?

*Zoya's POV*:

*Zoya's POV*:

"Assalamu Alaikum," I greeted my sisters, rubbing my eyes and rolling on the bed.

"Walaikum Salam, Zo. You missed something today," Lia said, seated on the prayer mat, flipping the pages of the Holy Quran.

"Oh, my god!!! Don't tell me I missed Fajr Lia, please!" I said, checking the time from my phone.

"You missed Fajr, sis. I've been waking you up for the past two hours, but all you did was mutter my brother-in-law's name," she said, raising her brows.

"Oh, don't lie, Lia. I wouldn't do that," I said, trying to recall what I jabbered while I was in deep sleep.

"Yes, sis. I witnessed the scene, too. Lia had a great time waking you up, but you murmured, ''Dan, stop it. I'll wake up in a while," And then you said, "Oh, Daaniyal you look so-"

"Shut up Adiva! I wouldn't have uttered all those," I said, defending my poor self.

"I missed Fajr. Oh my God! I'm definitely going to have a bad day-"

"Why do you always tell this, Zo? Mama has warned you to never speak like this. Whenever you miss Fajr, you curse yourself, saying that you will have a bad day," Lia said, adjusting her pair of socks.

"I know it's too late now, sis. But go perform ablution and perform the prayer that you missed," Adiva said and started reciting the Quran with her beautiful voice.

I heaved a sigh and headed towards the washroom.

''You have been sleeping until half-past seven,'' I said to myself and closed the door with a heavy heart.

That feeling when you miss a prayer...

Yeah.

******

Ding Dong!

''Lia, check who's at the door!'' I screamed, combing my hair.

"Okay," she replied, and I heard her unlock the door. I headed downstairs and ran to aunty Anya and gave her a tight hug.

"Aunt," I greeted her and turned to Nayela with a smile.

"Where is my brother?" I asked aunt, and she pointed outside.

''Zoya, our beautiful bride," Hammaad said, handing over a basket to Adiva.

"Oh, someone called me beautiful," I said, winking at my aunt.

''Oh, did I just call you beautiful? No way. I guess I've a problem with my tongue. I've got to meet the doctor today,'' he said, showing his tongue to Nayela.

"Ew, get lost, brother. Your tongue is so scary and I think I will puke now," Nayela said dramatically, walking towards the kitchen.

I smacked Hammaad's arm playfully and said, "Daaniyal finds me beautiful, alright?"