8 | Confirmed

*Zoya's POV*:

*Zoya's POV*:

"Mama, can I see your painting please?" I asked, smiling.

"Haha, I will show you my beautiful painting when the time is right," my mother replied, switching off the stove.

My mother and I usually cook something special every Friday, so we've planned to cook Nasi Góren for lunch. Lia and Adiva won't be here for because they got to stay after school for some extra classes. My father left home early today with Inaam, so it's only me and my mother.

"Mama, how's Aunty Fara?" I asked, chopping the tomatoes.

"She's feeling much better now, but I asked her to take a good rest. She'll be here in another two days," my mother said, washing a spoon.

"May Allah cure her completely," I said, chopping the fourth tomato.

"Zo, I can hear your phone ringing," my mother said, wearing her apron. I ran to the dining room and read the name that popped up on my phone screen.

"My mother-in-law," I whispered, picking up the phone.

"Salams, Zoya. How are you?" She asked from the other line.

"I'm good, thank you. How are you?" I asked her back.

"I'm good too, Alhamdulilah. Is your mom busy?" She asked me while I removed my green apron.

"Umm..no, she's in the kitchen. Do you want to talk to her?" I asked, heading towards the kitchen.

"Yes darling, if you don't mind," she replied.

"Hold on, aunt," I said, handing over my phone to my mother.

She paused what she was doing and headed to the room with my phone.

"Zoya," my mother came running with so much of happiness in her face.

"Yes," I asked, raising one of my brows.

"Your Nikah ceremony will be in another two days," my mother said, hugging me.

"I have to convey the joyful news to your father," she said, dialing his number.

I'm overwhelmed by the news my mother just told me, and I can't believe this at all. I cannot express my happiness in words. "Alhamdulilah!" I screamed with joy. I'm truly blessed.

*Zinadine's POV* :

"Yes, Zinadine. This house has a big history. I'm glad that you and your family have survived here for more than a month, Alhamdulilah. I have a lot to say, but unfortunately I've an appointment with the doctor in another half an hour," Umar said, checking the time.

"Okay, message me whenever you're free," I said, running my fingers through my hair.

I received a call from Alia as Inaam brought the engines to life. "Are you free, Zin?" she asked, with happiness clear in her voice.

"Yes, is everything alright?" I asked, buckling the seatbelt.

"Yes, Inshia called me a while ago and informed that Zoya's Nikah with Daaniyal will be in another two days. I'm happy and excited," she said, sounding like a teenager.

"Masha Allah. Begin all the work!" I said, smiling.

I cannot believe that my little angel is getting married. I still remember her as a baby and how we put up with her tantrums. No matter what, she will always be my little princess.

"Hey, Zinadine! All okay?" Inaam asked, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I'm going to miss Zoya when she gets married," I said, heaving a sigh.

"I know that feeling as a father. When I got my daughter married two years back, I couldn't sleep at night. I cry, thinking about all the memories I've made with her. But my son-in-law is one in a million. I still miss her, though. You already know Daaniyal is a gem of a human. He will never hurt you or your daughter," He said, smiling.

I nodded my head in agreement.

"Where do you want me to drop you? Home or Car sale?" Inaam asked, looking at me. "Car sale," I said, dialing my manager's number.

I couldn't concentrate on my work due to what Umar told in the morning, but I'm also not going to share this with my family because this will definitely upset them and I can't bear to see them suffer. I'll keep this secret to myself no matter what. Since Zo's wedding is coming up, they will forget about this as they will be busy with the wedding chores.

"Sir, there's someone waiting to meet you," My manager said through the intercom.

"Ask him to come inside," I said, signing the cheques.

"Hey, uncle," Daaniyal said, giving me a friendly hug.

"Welcome, Daaniyal. You should've contacted me directly to my number," I said, patting his shoulder.

"No problem, uncle. I'm here to talk to you about our Nikah," he said, smiling.

"Go on, my son," I said, smiling back at him.

We had a heart to heart talk with each other. Daaniyal is truly a gem.

"Sure, Daaniyal. I will help you out with the surprise. Anything for the two of you," I said, smiling.

"Okay uncle, then see you day after," he said, leaving the office. 

After signing a few contract papers, I exited the car sale and drove to Taco Bell. As I took the debit card from my wallet, I received a message from Umar, so I dialed his number immediately.

"Hello, Umar?" I asked, rubbing my temple.

"Zinadine, I was calling you several times, but I did not get any response from you. I need to tell you something. Please listen carefully," he said in a serious tone.

"Go ahead," I hissed.

"There is a spirit living in your house. Recite the supplications I just sent you via WhatsApp every night," he said, clearing his throat.

"What-what?" I asked again.

Did I hear it right?

A spirit?

I didn't know how to react to this as I was speechless and I'm complete shock.

So this means whatever my daughters witnessed was true.

But can I believe all what Umar told? Without a word, I hung up.

*****

"Girls, I've got tacos for dinner. Join me," I said, entering the house. Lia and Adiva arranged them at the dining table. I had a quick wash and got into my night suit. We had a nice family time, which I needed the most.

"Zoya, can you go upstairs and bring my charger?" I asked, washing my hands.

"Okay," she said, walking upstairs.

While I was about to taste the chocolate mousse what Lia made, I heard a tremendous noise.

Zoya! Zoya! Zo—

My girl was lying on the ground when I ran upstairs.

"Zoya!" I yelled, running to her.

"I shouldn't have sent you upstairs," I said, splashing water on her face.

"We have to rush to the hospital," Alia cried.

Your votes matter!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter ☘️
Thank you xx