4 | Engagement

*Zoya's POV* :

I left home at seven, as I should be present at the salon half an hour prior to the appointment. I don't like wearing heavy makeup, so I requested the hairdresser to do a simple one. As soon as I got dressed, Aunty Huda was here to pick me up, and we reached the hotel at eight. My hands turned icy as I could see an enormous crowd watching my arrival. I sauntered down the aisle along with my mother and aunt beside me.

After about fifteen minutes on the throne, my mother-in-law, Inshia, came up to me and embraced me into a tight hug.

"Ma Sha Allah, you look fabulous!!" she said, caressing my cheek.

She opened a gorgeous red box which said Cartier on it. The box revealed a lapis lazuli blue and emerald green necklace along with a pair of earrings, a bracelet and a ring. She handed over the pretty gift to me with a kiss on my cheek.

As I was having a chitchat with my in laws and cousins, someone caught my attention. The young people from my in law's side screamed in excitement and I could hear some giggle. I raised my head to get a better view of the man of my life... my Daaniyal. He walked directly to where I was, so smart and handsome, with a bouquet and a blue leather box in his hands. He gave me his warming, heart-melting smile.

"You look gorgeous, princess," he whispered, and I blushed immediately.

"Thank you," I replied shyly.

Dan took a knee and whipped out a ring from the Tiffany and Co box and slid it into my ring finger.

I cannot describe my happiness in words. I love this feeling!! And I love Daaniyal more than anything! The crowd gave us a big round of applause. I felt like I was in a Bollywood movie! We clicked many pictures together with my family, my in laws, friends, and my future husband.

The dinner buffet was ready, and the crowd headed that way, but I lost my appetite. I was still excited and impressed. Daaniyal smiled and waved a goodbye as soon as they served the dinner. He said he didn't want to have dinner, he just wanted to meet his future wife. After an hour, my in laws bid their goodbyes and congratulated me.

As the crowd left the hotel, my cousin grabbed me by my arms and took me to the long table. Ten beautiful large glass boxes with dresses, slippers, bags, accessories, makeup items, two baskets of cake jars, an enormous bouquet of marzipans in peacock colors; and the good thing was that the bouquet was edible, a huge Ferraro Rocher tower, strawberries beautifully arranged in a heart-shaped stand, a two tier huge engagement cake where the edible peacock feathers were falling to the left, peacock colored cake pops and macaroons arranged on different stands and fifteen huge jars with all kinds of sweets, heart-shaped cookies embossed in our names have placed neatly on the table.

"Beautiful, right?" She asked, smiling. "Yes," I said, with a huge grin on my face.

*****

It was half-past twelve and here I am standing in front of the mirror recalling today's event. I came across a piece of paper inside the ring box and it said, Good things always come in pairs. Shall we be a pair to be the best thing on earth? I smiled and blushed at how romantic Dan was.

I closed the box and before I could use the washroom, Adiva tapped on my door and said, "Mama's calling you. She wants you downstairs," like as if I was her enemy.

I wonder what is wrong with her tone. I wore my flip-flops and headed downstairs.

While I was about to turn to my left, I saw Adiva meddling her phone. It seemed like she has been in that position for a long time.

"Adiva, did mama really call me?" I asked, narrowing my eyes.

"How do I know?" She asked innocently.

"You were the one who came to my room upstairs and informed me that mama needs me right now," I said, furrowing my brows.

"You got to be kidding me. I was here posting pictures of your engagement on Instagram," she said, exiting the living room.

I scratched my forehead in confusion and tapped on the door of my mother's room.

"Come in baby," she said.

"Mama, did you call me now?" I asked, fixing my ponytail.

"I did not. Sleep now, it's late already," she said, yawning.

I marched to my room, confused. If it wasn't Adiva who came to me, who was that?

Your votes matter!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter ☘️
Thank you xx