30 | Red Carpet

*Daaniyal's P

*Daaniyal's P.O.V*:

"Is it seriously been a month since we're here?" I mumbled, gathering my clothes from the extensive wardrobe.

"So you've been away from Zoya for a month?" Dawid asked, sticking his tongue out.

A month? I feel like it's been a decade.

I miss my muffin.

"Dad, are you sure you need me there?" I asked, sipping my cup of coffee.

"Yes, Dan. This meeting is very significant for you. I understand you, my boy. Your wedding is right round the corner and I know you want to stay back and look into all the wedding preparations. But, I'm doing this for your well being. Trust me, son," my father said, taking a seat on the garden bench.

"You've always wanted the best for me, dad," I said, smiling at my superhero.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello babe," I said as soon as my girl picked up the phone.

"Hey Dan, what's up?" She asked, her voice sounding mellifluous.

"Ah.. I don't know how you'd take it, umm.. how do I start... Ahh, Zo--"

"Is everything alright?" She panicked over the phone, cutting me off.

"Relax, princess. Actually, umm...--"

"Don't you like me anymore?" She asked out of nowhere.

Oh Dan.. You better tell her.

"Are you serious, Zo? What made you ask me that?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"Because you're finding it difficult to open up whatever you're trying to say," she said, disappointed.

"Duh, I love you, I love you, I love you! You should never have that doubt. Well, well, well... I'm flying to Germany for a month," I said, packing the luggage.

"What? Don't lie!" she yelled over the phone.

"Ahem, ahem," Dawid cleared his throat, bringing me back to reality.

Cute girl.

"What's up, bro? Seems like you were in some deep thought," Dawid said, throwing his blue Polo tee to my face.

"Just thinking about my wife brings a smile to my face. A big, big smile," I said, zipping my luggage.

"I'm extremely happy for you. No man succeeds without a good woman behind him. It could either be his wife or mother. And you, my brother, are blessed with both," he said with a genuine smile plastered on his face.

I am.

"Let's get going," Dawid said, and I nodded my head.

*****