34 | Invite

*Zoya's POV*:

*Zoya's POV*:

"Through God's grace, we could escape from the cupboard. I still wonder why Adiva's behavioral pattern was completely different," my mother said, sipping her cup of morning coffee.

"I do not know," I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Where is she now?" Lia asked, munching an apple.

"She's disturbed by something," my father said, rubbing his temple.

It was clear and crisp when the day began. Birds were enjoying the breeze. The dew drops were falling from the leaves of the plants. The just risen sun shone softly on the city streets, bringing with it a flurry of early morning activity.

It feels so good to have a deep conversation with my family in the garden.

We usually discuss anything and everything here, seated on our garden furniture every weekend in the morning.

"I've to inform Umar about this," my father whispered softly, but it was loud enough for me to hear.

Umar?

He grabbed his phone from the table but before he could make a call; he received a call from my father-in-law, Danish. His eyes met my mother's and then mine, with confusion written all over his face.

Is everything alright?

"Sure," he replied, and hung up with a wide grin.

"What?" my mother asked, dumbfounded.

"Well, well, well," my father cleared his throat.

"Danish just invited us for a dinner tonight. And guess what?" He voiced, turning towards me.

"What?" I asked, raising a brow.

"Daaniyal has planned a dinner, especially for Zoya. He wants us to bring you tonight, no matter what," my father beamed.

"No, no, no!" I refused, pouting.

"Ooh... Zoya," Lia said, winking.

"Daddy, no, please. Inform them I'm not coming," I begged.

"That's impossible," my mother said, sticking her tongue out.

Daaniyal!!!

Z: Someone's acting too smart

D: Can't wait to meet you tonight :-*

Z: Who said I'm coming?

D: I know you will, baby girl

Z: In your dreams ^_^

D: You do that every day ;-)

Z: I'm not coming. THE END.

I pressed the send button and threw my phone on the bed.

* * * *

"Zo! How's this?" Adiva asked, displaying all her clothes on my bed.

"Red, blue or green?" She asked, standing in front of my vanity table.

"Adiva, are you serious?" I asked, tying my hair into a messy bun.

"Come on, we've got to leave in another hour or two," she said, grabbing her yellow embroidery dress with red flowers.

Can I pause this moment?

"Ahh!! Daaniyal!!" I screamed, opening my wardrobe.

"Seems like someone is hunting for clothes," my father said, entering my bedroom.

"I've nothing to wear," I cried, scanning my wardrobe for the hundredth time.

"Zoya!" Lia yelled, walking towards us.

"I'm wearing this red Maria B," she said, dancing in front of the mirror.

"Okay," I replied, rolling my eyes.

"What's wrong?" My father asked, massaging my head.

"I've nothing to wear," I said, rubbing my temple.

"Please, Zoya, please! Don't you ever say that. I won't be able to come out if I get lost in your wardrobe, so please," he said, laughing.

Fact.

"Zinadine!!!" my mother screamed, entering my room.

"Which one looks good?" She asked, displaying five different clothes.

"You too, Alia?" My father asked, pretending to pass out.

"Anything will look good on my wife," he said, smiling.

"Thanks, hub. Daaniyal will join you soon. You're not alone," my mother said, giving a high-five to me.

*****

I'm freaking nervous. My god! My hands froze and my heart is racing fast. Why Dan? Why?

As soon as the engine stopped in front of Dan's house, his entire family walked towards our car. Daaniyal, along with his entire family, welcomed each one of us.

Dan's gaze fell on me. I smiled at him as he walked towards me.

"Top to toe gorgeous," he whispered, and I felt the entire zoo doing its job in the pit of my stomach.

Your vote matters!
Please tap the star button below to vote ❤️🧚🏻‍♀️
See you in the next chapter chapter ☘️
Thank you xx