Chapter 10. Please get your act together

'Where is Sideswipe?'

Mirage shrugged. 'I don't know. Prowl told him this morning that they want to sent him away from earth so perhaps he's crying somewhere in a corner.'
'What?' Mirage stopped with what he was doing and sighed. 'They don't want him here anymore. He's not doing anything,' he muttered and stormed off. I sighed softly and searched for our trouble maker. He was truly upset when I found him alone in the gym. 'Hey.'
He roared and punched a punching bag. 'Sideswipe...' I stopped him. 'Sideswipe, calm down,' I said and forced him to sit down. 'I hate my life!'

I s see at next to him, rubbing his back. 'Just got away, Skyla.' He waved me off. 'Sideswipe please, let me help you. We can figure something out,' I said. 'If you never made that comment this afternoon about paying you back! None of this would've happened,' he spat. 'Once again! You ruined it,' he snapped. I snorted and got up. 'It's always everyone's fault except yours.' He glared at me, his eyes shinning with hate and anger. 'Because I am the victim here!'

He jumped on his feet. 'You're not! If you take a job you can go out as much as you'd like,' I said. 'I don't work for humans! They're below me!' He screamed. I snorted and shook my head. 'You know, with this attitude you won't get anywhere.' He pushed me against the wall. 'What do you know,' he snapped. 'Just talk to me. I can't help you if you don't tell me what's bothering you,' I said. 'You Wanna know what bothers me?! You! That's what bothers me. I don't want to be your guardian,' he snapped. 'You're not my guardian.' He raised a brow. 'I feel like I am yours. I am walking on eggshells Sideswipe. I can't open my mouth or you get mad at me. You are a mess, Sideswipe! Please get your act together.'

'Just piss off.'

'You know... I thought you would change in someway. All I want is to help you. I don't need you to take me anywhere or be at my side 24/7. I don't even want you to do that. I never asked for anything. It weights more on your shoulders than I should. I am surrounded by Autobots, I can hitch a ride with everyone. You always blame other people but it's not their fault. It's yours.' Sideswipe shook his head. 'Piss off.'

'I will.'

He glanced at me as I stormed over to the door. 'You know, the only reason you're still on earth is because of me. Everyone agreed to sent you away. Maybe I was wrong about you, perhaps you can't be helped.'
'Skyla—' I stormed off, slamming the door shut behind me. I just wanted to be alone and seemed shelter in the archive. Crying. I tried so hard but he made me realize that he just doesn't want to change and want to be helped.

The next morning, Sideswipe was giving me a cold shoulder. I felt betrayed. I was doing anything I could to help him but he's not returning anything. I wasn't the only one who picked up on Sideswipe's ignorance towards me. Everyone chased him away and he became pretty isolated over the next few days.

I was about to enter the mess hall with Mark and Jazz as Sideswipe was making a fuzz again. 'How do you mean I can't fucking enter the mess hall!' He shouted at the sergeant. 'We don't want you to join! You can come back when everyone is fed. You don't work so you can be fed when everyone has had something,' he shouted, jabbing his finger in the center of Sideswipe chest. I could already tell that using this method wasn't going to work. It's only going to piss him off more.

'But there will nothing left for me!'

He spat out. 'I don't care. You're a lazy frag, sleep all day, doesn't drive any patrol and the things you do, aren't appreciated. So, unless you start making a turn around and do something with your life, you'll be the last one to be fed,' he snapped. Sideswipe was furious. 'My brother will rip you apart! You'll be the first one to die,' he spat out. The soldier rolled his eyes and stepped aside for us. 'She's my charge! I do things for her, right Sky?' I glanced at him.

'You go, I will have a chat with Sideswipe,' I said to the others and took Sideswipe apart. 'This is absolutely ridiculous! Who do they think they are,' he snapped. 'They will listen to you,' he said. I was aware of that. 'Come on, Skyla. Please, say something. Step up for me,' he begged. 'Don't you see what is happening?' I asked. I could argue with him and just enter the mess hall but it would fo more harm than good, especially since Sideswipe is such in a horrible mood. 'They tired of arguing with you. They don't take you seriously anymore. Like I mentioned before, that you're still here on earth is because of me and when I pull my hands off you, you will end up lost in space. Alone.'

Sideswipe looked down. 'You need to let me in and talk to me about your problem. It's impossible for me to know what's on your mind. I truly do want to help you. I am even willing to help you find your brother. I have a lot of connection with other basses as well and even with NASA, but than you need to open up for me. You need to communicate.'

Sideswipe's became teary eyed. It was the last thing I expected to see. He nodded and looked down to hide it. 'What is wrong?' I asked, touching his arm. 'Nothing, nothing...' his voice broke. He sucked in a breath and swallowing the lump in his throat. 'I've never had anyone except my brother. I've always blamed myself for getting separated with him. I felt like I failed him, that I let him down on the battlefield while I was trying to have his back. The last thing he said to me was that I am a lazy piece of frag and he expected me to the right thing. Even if it would mean we got separated. He said that I was weak and he always has to step up for me. I was so insulted and upset about it, that I yelled at him. I said that I hated him and wished we weren't brothers. After that... he disappeared.'

Tears wiggled down his cheeks. 'Sunny won't be proud of me. The reason I am gone so often is because I am looking for him. I know he must be somewhere in earth, but I can't find him and it frustrates me. I am so close and yet so far away. I would never forgive myself if he gets hurt. I was scared that if you were my charge, I need to spent more time with you and don't have much time to look for my twin.'

I reached for his face, brushing the tears off his cheeks. He's not pulling up an act. 'If Sunstreaker is just as tough and stubborn as you are, I bet he'll be fine. Sometimes people say things and they don't mean it. I am sure your brother was just stressed, tired and trying to keep you save. That's what brothers do, they look out for each other and I know you didn't intend to get separated.' Sideswipe nodded and wiped some tears from his face. 'I will make a call to NASA tomorrow and ask for the director. He's in touch with Lennox for some time and I can ask him for a favor, alright?'

Sideswipe wrapped his arms around me, hugging me. 'Thank you,' he whispered. I rubbed his back before stepping back. 'Why don't you ask him again, more politely this time?' Sideswipe sighed and looked at the soldier guarding the mess hall. He sighed and nodded. We walked up to guy. 'Could you let me in, please? I'd like to have dinner.'

I stood behind Sideswipe and gestured at the soldier to let him in. The man sighed before stepping aside. Everyone glared at him. The mech knew he wasn't welcome. The room was filled with hundreds of soldiers and they all hated to see him. A group gathered around and Sideswipe backed off. 'Leave him alone.'

'You don't deserve her as your charge!'

Sideswipe ditched a few punches but that was only for a minute until twenty guys attacked him and there was nothing I could do. No one did anything, even his fellow Autobots looked away. Sideswipe was unconscious and they still didn't stop. 'Please! Stop.' I tried to push them away. He was bleeding quite heavily.

'Enough!'

Everyone backed off when Optimus stormed in. I crouched down next to Sideswipe. I rubbed his head but he was completely beaten up. 'What is wrong with you!' I shouted. 'Calm down, Skyla,' I looked down at Sideswipe and kissed his forehead. He might be a pain in the ass but he didn't deserve this either.