Chapter 25. Mad

I am a horrible person.

Sideswipe was thrown in the brig because of me and he didn't even do anything. I couldn't sleep and kept changing positions. It didn't sit right with me. I'll never be able to face Sideswipe ever again. He either beats me to death or ignores me. He's most likely going to ignore me. At least, I hope he ignores me and doesn't come after me like he has done before and beat me into the medbay again.

After seven days, Sideswipe was released. I tried to track him down and make sure we don't cross paths. Every where I went, I looked over my shoulder, avoided the hangers and the Autobot hanger in particular. I wasn't sure for how long I was able to keep this up.

I sneaked into the cafeteria. If I am right, Sideswipe is out on a patrol. I grabbed some food and as I turned around, I faced Sideswipe. 'First you got me into the brig, lied to Ironhide, didn't came to apologize and you're avoiding me?' He asked. I didn't had any words left. 'I—'

'Plus you dragged Mirage into this? What? You think I am going to blame Mirage now? What kind of deal did you make with him?' He was hurt. 'I didn't make a deal. I told Ironhide you were speeding and Mirage had witnessed it. He played along. That's how it went.'

'And I nearly killed a two year old? I do speed sometimes, but I never drive 50 miles per hour in a busy city. I only speed where I can. This entire lie is low but the fact you didn't even came to talk to me or apologize that pisses me off and I am not the type of mech to be angry all the time but you really crossed the line. I don't even have words for this. It's just sad and disappointing. Anyway, I hope you are happy now... feel satisfied.' He turned around. 'Oh and by the way... I don't have to see you again. I think we are pretty much done.' He spat it out venously before walking off.

I felt numb. Over the last few days, I was so scared he would be so angry, that I never considered trying to apologize. How am I ever going to make it up to him? I really started to like Sideswipe. Honestly, I have always liked him in some way. I messed it up... again.' I sat down and poked in my food. I wasn't hungry anymore. I felt horrible.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
I pushed open the doors to the main hanger and bumped straight into Mirage. He dropped his files. His natural reaction would be to yell at me and shot me a glare but now he said nothing and crouched down. 'It wasn't your fault. I don't blame you.' He looked up. 'I could've prevented it,' he muttered. 'I know, but she dragged you into this. Just tell me why you didn't stand up for me.'

'I wanted to... I just—'

'Yeah?' Mirage grabbed his last file and got up. 'She's jealous and things aren't really well with Mark either. I think she's crushing on you. She hates Jada, so I guess it wasn't personal. She just ruined your night with Jada,' he said. 'So, what are you suggesting? Should I just forget about it?' I snapped. He shrugged. 'No, I told her she was crossing the line and she went through with her plan anyway. I should've said something but... we kinda have a bet going around so... I'd love to win the bet. 500 dollars is the price so...' he trailed off.

'A bet?'

He nodded. 'If you and Skylar you know... get together.' I raised a brow. 'And you bet that Skyla and I start dating anytime soon? Waste of your money,' I scowled. 'She likes you, it's obvious but now I am curious what you think about her...' he trailed off. 'She's not my type, alright. I am her guardian and nothing more. I am not the type of mech for long relationships anyway. I was actually on my way to tell Prime I don't wanna see her anymore.'

His face dropped. 'Seriously? After all, you've done, you're not willing to give her a second chance? You already got fifty chances. Prime could've kicked you off this planet already but he didn't. No matter how annoying, arrogant and selfish you are. You said you're looking for someone who likes you the way you are and Skyla is that type of girl you're looking for.'

'You just wanna win the bet and get $500.'

'Just think about it, alright?' Mirage passed me and disappeared in the hallway. I sucked in a breath and slowly walked up to my alt-mode. I sat down and fiddled with my hands. I wasn't sure yet what I was going to do yet. I could ignore her, but I am sure she's going to try to apologize.

The next days, Skyla avoided me. It surprised me. I thought she would try to apologize and it disappointed me again. I rather have her trying to apology then ignoring me, even I told her to piss off. I spotted her. She was having a heated argument with Mark once again. Probably about me. Apparently, their arguments are always about me. I didn't understand.

Mark pushed her quite forcefully onto the ground. I could tell she had hurt herself. I sighed heavily and marched over to the two. I punched Mark's jaw as hard as I could. The guy fell and didn't respond anymore. I caught Skyla's eyes before I offered my hand and hoisted her up. She grabbed my arm when I tried to pass her. 'Don't ignore me. Please...'

I yanked my arm back. 'Give me one good reason why I shouldn't ignore you,' I snapped. 'Because it's me. I miss you.' I snorted. 'Miss me? Are you trying to make me laugh? Enough about me, what are you gonna do with him?' I snapped and pointed at Mark. She glanced at him. 'I broke up with him... before you knocked him out.'
'Really? Good...' I passed her and disappeared.