Chapter 40. Attention

I wasn't going to visit Sideswipe because I wanted it so badly. I was doing it because Optimus asked me to talk to him about his patrol. I knocked on the door, but there was no answer, so I walked in. It's 12 PM and this mech is still asleep. Jeez. I closed the door and sat down on the edge. 'Sideswipe?' I touched him. He was laying on his back, arms behind his head. I touched his chest again. The mech still didn't respond.

My eyes slid over his chest. He wasn't wearing a shirt. It gave me a nice view. I pushed the guilt further down to his hips and reveal his perfect eight pack. He's perfect. I looked at his face again. 'Sideswipe.' I straddled him and bounced up and down. He uttered a groan. 'Don't do that. Jeez femme.' He reached for my hips. He looked at me. His eyes not fully open. 'What are you doing?'

'Sitting on top of you to get your attention.'
'Right... we'll, I need to pee so get off.'
'What if I don't?'
'Then I'll thrown you off.'
'You don't like the bouncing?'

He groaned and switched the roles. He pinned me down. 'No, I don't. I am naked by the way...' he trailed off. 'Good for you. Optimus asked if you could drive his patrol tonight.'
'Absolutely not,' he scolded. 'Why not?'
'Because I don't wanna drive any more patrols then I already do,' he grumbled. 'But you already drive four a week. If we're lucky.'

'Yes, and I want to keep it that way,' he muttered. 'Are you getting up now?' I asked. 'If you leave the room,' he muttered. 'I am kinda comfortable here.' He gave me a look. 'You want to see me naked, isn't it?' I snorted. 'No, I don't.'
'Yes you do, but you can't because... you're not my girlfriend.' I hummed. 'Yeah, sucks for me then.'

'Unless you let me be your boyfriend, of course.'

He buried his face in my neck. 'Then you can wake up next to me,' he added. I snorted and ran my hand through his hair. His cool lips nibbled on my skin. Goosebumps formed all over my arms. Sideswipe moved around and started sucking. I grasped his biceps. 'Oh my gosh, Sideswipe...' he perked his head up and smiled. 'I gave you some hickeys. So now you're marked by me.'

I blushed a deep shade of rest. 'I love that blush. It makes my spike twitch in excitement.' I looked away. 'Sideswipe!' He chuckled and buried his face in my neck. I rubbed his scalp with both my hands. 'Sideswipe, you need to get up, sweetie.' I felt him smile. 'I only get up because you called me 'sweetie' and rub my scalp like that.' I sighed. 'If you leave...' he added.

'Why? Scared I'll judge your size? I've seen it before.' I mocked. 'Oh no, I am pretty sure you're going be faint once you see it in its glory. I don't want you to see it because you're not officially my girlfriend yet. I don't wanna give you that fun.'
'But you frag people because you can. You show it to people you barely even know.' He smiled. 'I know but for you, I have rules. Just like you've rules for me.'

His warm hand reached for my face. 'You're my trouble maker,' I murmured. He pressed a kiss on my forehead. 'Even though I want to kick your ass sometimes,' I whispered. 'Not that you care though, I got a really nice ass too.' I rolled my eyes. 'I know.' He smirked. I freed myself. 'Don't be late though.' I slid off his bed. 'And don't wear these.' I picked up his black jeans laying on the floor. 'Why not?'

'Because these jeans are too tight.'

He snorted while leaned on his arms. 'No, it's not. It hugs my muscles. Ladies love it. You love it.' I crossed my arms. 'I will love it the day you tear out of it. Really, don't wear it.' He rolled his eyes. 'But you're looking at my butt it I wear it so I will keep wearing it.' I gave him a look. 'You bought this knowing it's too tight?' He shrugged. 'No... maybe.'

'Don't be late.'
He rolled his eyes. I left before he could make another cheeky comment. I had a busy schedule for today and not much time for Sideswipe.

I was just about to leave as I heard my name. Sideswipe's alt-mode drove up to me and he transformed. 'Look who's finally awake, huh?' I joked. He crouched down. 'Sometimes I do listen. Are you going somewhere? I can drop you off on my way out,' he said. 'I would appreciate it.' He transformed and opened his door for me. 'Thanks, Siders.'

Sideswipe left the base. 'No problem.'
'Why are you doing it?'
'Because I want to help you out. Isn't that allowed.'
'Just asking.'

His engine rumbled. 'So, how would you feel if we watch a movie tonight?' He asked. 'Sounds nice. Hey, I was wondering... can I have your phone number?' His holoform fizzled in beside me. 'My phone number? You don't have it?'
I shook my head. He smirked. 'What do I get in return? A kiss?' He asked. 'A kiss for a phone number? Seriously?' He shrugged. 'You will never change, huh? How am I supposed to call you if I am in an emergency?'

'You never end up in an emergency. You don't need me as much as everyone say you need. I mean... you're you.' I raised a brow. 'You never end up in trouble. Not like I do.'
'But you're my guardian, Sideswipe. What if I 'do' need you? How am I ever be able to contact you?' I asked. 'You don't need me, Skyla. Really, you'll be fine. Where do you need to go?'

'The mall. I uh... need to pick something up. For Lennox. I'll take the bus back.' Sideswipe nodded without saying anything. As we reached the mall he turned towards me. 'I'll see you back at the base.' I hummed and kissed his cheek. 'Okay.' I hopped out and closed his door. 'Bye handsome. See you around.'

Sideswipe left while revving his engine loudly. His tires left smoke and tire marks on the floor. He drifted off the terrain. Show off. I walked off towards the mall. I had to admit that I found Sideswipe a jerk for not giving me his number. He seemed to pretty serious about it. I sighed. Mechs...

The mall was busy. I guess people took advantage of the sales. I pushed myself through the sea of new faces towards my designation.

Nearly reaching the post office, everyone started to panic at the sound of several gunshots. People started running, screaming. I got knocked over and ended up on the floor. I hoisted myself up. Again. Gunshots.

Pain shot through me like fire. I screamed and collapsed. A pool of blood started to form all around me. Tried to crawl away,— leaving a blood trail behind. Most people had already made it outside. The people who stayed behind were dead or seriously injured. A shadow fell upon me. A masked man hovered over me, holding a shotgun. 'You're coming with me.'