Chapter 20: The Rainy Day

Start from the beginning

(Y/n)'s POV

You woke up to the sound of someone knocking loudly on your bedroom door. You sighed, swinging your legs out of bed and walking across your room, rubbing your eyes. The knocking continued, quicker and more urgent this time. "I'm coming! Damn...," you mumbled under your breath, unlocking and twisting the knob. You opened your eyes, seeing your best friend on the other side of the wooden barricade. "What is it, Kehlani?" you asked groggily, slightly irritated.
"Where are my babies?!" You blinked, leaning against the doorframe, keeping the door only cracked enough for your body to fit through.
"What?"
"Jasper and Millie! I woke up this mornin', and Millie wasn't in bed with me again! I went downstairs first to check and see if either you or Jasper was down there with her, maybe making breakfast or something, but Jasper is gone too!" You rubbed your eyes some more, yawning.
"Chill out. They might be out back or something."
"Why are you so calm about this?! Jasper, who is someone I just met and someone you haven't even known for that long could be somewhere alone with my child!"
"Whoa, whoa...you just called her your 'baby.' Jasper and I have known each other long enough for me to know she isn't that type of person. She wouldn't do anything to hurt Millie in any kind of way, and I know that for a fact. Based on how she's been treating the child after she got used to being around her proves that." Kehlani crossed her arms, her expression a mixture of shock and annoyance.
"Whatever, jus —," Kehlani's sentence was cut off by the sound of an exasperated sigh from inside your bedroom. The two of you looked at each other with a confused expression before you turned to look inside your room. Jasper was stretching in your bed, Millie sleeping soundly on her stomach.
"Can the two of you shut up? You're going to wake up Millie. And if you do, there's going to be some fucking problems." You laughed, covering your mouth to quiet the noise as Jasper raised an eyebrow, giving you a dangerous look.
"Why didn't you just tell me they were in here, (y/n)? That would have saved a lot of wasted energy from arguing," Kehalni said as she walked into your room. You rolled your eyes, shutting your door.
"I didn't know they were in here. If I had, I would have started with that." Kehlani sat on the edge of your bed beside Jasper, and you got back under the covers, facing the gem. "Speaking of them being in here, how the hell did you get in here, Jasper? My door was locked." Jasper smirked at you, rubbing Millie's back after she turned in her sleep.
"Magic," she said sarcastically, resting her hands behind her head. You rolled your eyes, smiling softly.
"Why is Millie with you, though?" Kehlani asked, picking some kind of fuzz from Jasper's sweatpants, high up on her thigh.
"Millie came downstairs in the middle of the night, telling me that she couldn't sleep. She then suggested that we come up here to (y/n)'s room since her bed is bigger and so that, and I quote, I wouldn't be squished on the chair with her."
"Aww," you said endearingly, resting your cheek against your hand. Kehlani giggled, patting Millie's back softly.
"She might as well be your daughter too..."
"Yeah, she does kinda make me want one if I'm being honest..." You laughed, hitting Jasper's arm gently.
"What?! Jasper? Wanting a baby?" Jasper grinned, flicking your forehead.
"You have to admit, having a mini-me would be great."
"Uh...no," you said jokingly, rubbing the spot where she had flicked you. "People can barely handle regular Jasper, so a mini Jasper would be a mess." Jasper laughed, her stomach bouncing slightly, which caused Millie to stretch, waking up a moment later.
"What about a mini (y/n) then? Most likely will be easier to handle, and she...or he would have those gorgeous (e/c) eyes of yours, like Millie", Jasper finished, watching as the toddler on her stomach began sitting up, rubbing her eyes. You blushed slightly, looking away from the gem.
"I-I don't know...I don't think I'm ready for kids anytime soon." Jasper chuckled, lifting Millie in the air as she continued to wake up.
"That's too bad...good morning, sunshine", the gem said as Millie opened her eyes. She giggled, reaching for her as Jasper put her back down on her stomach.
"Millie! Did you forget about your mommy already", Kehlani asked, tapping her daughter on the cheek. Millie took the end of Jasper's t-shirt in her hands, fiddling with it as she shook her head. "Why didn't you just wake mommy up and tell her you couldn't sleep?" Millie shrugged, staying completely quiet. Kehlani sighed, standing to her feet. "I'm not mad, baby, just let me know next time, alright? When we leave, you might not have Jasper to run to when you can't sleep."
"'Might' not?" Jasper questioned, looking at Kehlani incredulously. Kehlani giggled, picking up Millie abruptly, causing the toddler to whine. She looked between Jasper and her mother, her curls bouncing.
"Yeah, 'might.' Millie is obviously very attached to you. You have a lot of time to think on it since I'll be staying here a while..." Your best friend then walked out of your room, closing your door behind her.
"What...the fuck is she talking about," Jasper asked, turning to you. You laughed, getting out of your bed.
"I think she wants you to be both her and Millie's mommy. Or maybe daddy...and not in the same kinda way." Jasper looked even more confused, making you laugh as you went over to your dresser to begin getting ready for the day.
"What the hell? How can I be both her mommy or daddy and also Millie's but not in the same kind of way? That just sounds...wrong." You laughed even harder, holding onto your dresser to keep from falling over.
"Okay...okay, listen," you said, still laughing after you had gotten everything you needed from your drawers. "Remember how you looked up what a kink is?" Jasper nodded, bending one of her legs up as she looked at you. "Well, that's a kink. Not being Millie's mommy, that's just, ya know, like a normal parent thing. But being Kehlani's mommy or daddy would definitely be something sexual." Jasper's face held a look of disgust, and you snorted, covering your mouth quickly.
"No offense, but your best friend is just...not it. But I still don't get what the whole 'mommy,' 'daddy' thing means", the gem said, using air quotes.
"Just look it up later," you said, chuckling, "when Kehlani isn't in the room or something." Jasper nodded, stretching.
"Hurry up in the shower, though. There's something I want you to do after I get out." You nodded, walking into your bathroom and shutting the door behind you.