Chapter 50

Hi guys, I'm still looking for a few cover for the book. It would be great if someone could help me out with that. This chapter is dedicated to @Sydneys2003 because she's one of the reason I have kept writing this book so thanks girl. I should be finishing the next chapter next week, so stay tuned for that. Hope you're all staying safe at home!

     It all happened so fast. Gunshots erupted from all around, agonizing screams, and Skitter's shrieks filled the air.

     I ducked and began shooting with no actual direction, it was dark and the Skitters moved quickly through the walls.

     Hal tried to move closer to me as he shot his gun, but we soon realized someone was being taken by those horrible things.

     "Dai! No!" I yelled, not wanting to shoot and hit Dai by accident.

     Still, everyone tried taking down the Skitter as it held him in his arms and raised him from the groud. Dai tried firing and with a quick movement, he was laying on the ground.

     I rushed over to him. There he was, not moving. I repeated prayers on my head that he was only unconscious, but as soon as I touched him I knew he was gone.

     It was unbelievable that he was dead. He was there from the start, he had helped me so much, but still, I couldn't save him. Everyone around me kept dying.

     Quicky, I got up and shook my head. With no time for me to began aiming to the Skitters, one came behind me and grabbed me tightly. His lengthy and repulsive arms wrapped around me, restraining me of my every move.

     With a flying look, I fount everyone in the same position as me.

     "Profesor Mason." A figure emerged from the darkness.

     I knew that voice. It sounded sweet at first glance, but it had so much evil behind it. Flashing through my eyes came so many memories from those dark times. That voice made my skin crawl.

     "Karen," Tom said unamused.

     "What an unpleasant surprise," She spoke with a devil smile on her lips as she walked closer to us.

     And with that I was knocked out.

     A burning sensation on my wrists woke me up from unconsciousness. I tied to move, but a pull in my back caused me to slightly moan in pain. We were all tired from our wrists, restraining my hands.

     "Anne are you alright?" Tom tried to face Anne, who was hanging to the opposite side of him.
She nodded.

     "Em?" Hal said trying to move closer as he was next to me.

     "I'm okay." I tried smiling, but I was so scared this was over for us.

     I didn't want our last memories of us to be fighting for stupid reasons and my siblings, I didn't even say goodbye.

     Karen began speaking, but I was still a little groggy to hear her.

     "Don't listen to her dad she's just trying-" Ben was cut off by something wrapping up around his mouth. He fought it but gave up as he understood there was nothing for him to do.

     "That will be enough Ben," Karen spoke louder. 

     She continued speaking as a smile appeared on her face.

     My attention was again grabbed by an electrified stick. Karen took it in her hands and approached Tom and electrocuted him.

     Horrifying screams escaped Tom again and again, but he wasn't talking.
poke tom with an electrified stick.

     "I've wanted to do this for quite some time you know," Karen said and came our direction.

     I was sure she was going to do the same to Hal, but instead, she kissed him. Hal resisted, but she pressed herself harder against him.

     "Don't touch him! Get away from him!" I scared at her at the top of my lungs but a cord came around my mouth tightly.

     I was boiling. She was delusional and all I wanted was to smack her on the face over and over.
Although it hurt, I couldn't stop looking. As soon as Karen pulled away, Hal became unconscious, just hanging from his hands.

     What had she done to him? Was he alive? Were we all going to die?

     I was so immersed in Hal that all of a sudden I felt the grip on my wrists get lose. Without warning we were free, landing on the hard ground. I crawled over Hal and there he was, completely out. I checked his pulse and it was strong, but for whatever reason he wasn't responding.

     "Hal, you're gonna be fine," I said and caressed his cheek.

     The Rebel Skitters were the ones who liberated us. They fought hard, everywhere you looked there was a Skitter against a Skitter. I stayed for Hal for a few seconds making sure he was okay until I felt it. A huge hole formed inside met, it was instantly that I knew what had happened. The Red-eye Skitter was gon. I looked up and there was Ben, holding him, but it was too late and he knew it too.

     "Emily!" A squeaky voice echoed through the tunnels we walked in towards Charleston. Avery ran with a big smile and tears rushed down her pink cheeks. Not far from her was Colton who ran enthusiastically in my direction. There they were, my reason to fight the war.

     I stopped and ducked, catching both of them in a hug. I had missed them so much, it was amazing having them in my arms again.

     "Are you staying with us?" Avery asked, moving slightly away.

     I smiled, taking that moment in. Their beautiful faces with hopeful eyes.

     "Where's Derek?" I questioned.

     The Coronel, who was not far from us looked at me. He shook his head and lowered his head without saying a word. That was all he had to do to answer me.

     "Don't know he went on some mission earlier." Avery shook off like it was no big deal.

     I knew differently, he was dead. My big brother, the one who taught me most of what I knew was gone once more. We were alone again.

     My fingers quickly wiped away a fresh tear from my eye and I pretended like I always did.

     "Of course I'm staying here with you. I'm never ever leaving you guys again."

     "Promise?" Colton said in a little voice and a gleaming smile.

     "I promise."

Vote if you hate Karen as much as I do.

Don't foreget to comment, I love reading all your messages!