Chapter 12

All families where unite outside the school. Some parents were hugging their kids others were crying, but we had no one to call parents.

I tighten Colton's backpack and made sure everything was pack. Avery was right next to me, looking to the sky. Her little eyes where shut and she was mumbling things.

"Em, what's Avery doing?" Colton asked me.

"I think she's prying Colton."

He looked to the grass and I heard a sob.

My instinct was to take him in my arms and hug him tight. I could feel small tears dropping in my jacket as I hugged Colton.

After a few more minutes he took my face with both of his hands.

"Are we gonna die?" He's voice cracked.

"No, we are not gonna die. I will always protect you, little man."

He nodded his head.

"Come on Colton, I think I left my ball at our room." Avery took his hand and they both ran inside the school.

I turned my head around and found Tom staring at me from a few meters away. I couldn't leave without saying goodbye to him, he was like a father to me. Tom opened his arms and let us in his family, he was a good man.

"Hey."

"Hi Emily. Ready to go?"

I nodded my head and gave him one of my special smiles.

"Take care of Avery and Colton, okay?" His smile wasn't like his other smiles, bright.

"With my life."

"And if you have time check with my sons. I trust Hal, but some times he get's out of tact."

"What? Hal is coming?"

"Was it really happening? He's such a liar."

"Yeah, he thinks it's for the best."

"Oh, okay."

"Gotta go, good luck."

He gave me a big hug and walked towards Hal, Ben and Matt. Ben was looking around nervously, Hal was preparing everything for the trip and Matt looked like he was gonna break in tears at any minute now.

"Ready!"

That pitchy voice was all I needed for me to know that my siblings were ready to go.

I grabbed both of their hands and started walking behind Clayton.

------

The walk was getting longer and longer. Everyone was looking exhausted, specially the little ones.

"Piggy-ride me?" Colton extended his hands to me.

I took Colt in my back and continued waking through the woods.

Avery was next to Matt talking and laughing, they were very good friend.

It begun to get darker as we passed a sign. "Hidden Frontier Ranch"

From there you could see an enormous wooden house. It had a beautiful United States flag that made me chill from head to toes. There was a football field and lots of armed people around it.

"Alright. Good work," He seemed out of breath. "Let's get everybody to bed and we'll do the tour on the morning." Clayton told us.

The house was huge and the best part was that there were no Skitters around.