Chapter 17

Hi! It's been a long time, since I updated, sorry about that. This story has more than 6000 reads and I really can't believe it! It's really amazing, I'll make sure to do something special to show you how much this means to me. Apart from that, the first comment or vote will have this chapter dedicated to them. Thanks for all the support!

< This is important so please read! I will update on Mondays :) >

"Hurry up Emily!"

"Why's all the hurrying, Avery?" I told as a finished to do a knot on Colton's shoe.

"I need to meet up with my friends and I promised Colton I would take him to his too," She responded.

"Let me just get my hair decent."

These kids can't even wait five minutes and I need to look good

"Can we get going? pleeease."

Avery placed her hands together and closed her eyes tightly as she talked.

"Okay, but make sure to grab a snack before you go with your friends."

"Can I stay and sleep at Sophia's room?" Avery asked.

"Don't push it."

"Sorry..."

I extended my arms and squeezed Avery.

"C-c-can I have a bear hug too?" Colton said.

He got up from the bed and stared at us with his eyes fully open.

"You don't even have to ask, come here."

Colton ran across the room and jumped into my arms.

"Bye, have fun and be careful," I screamed, but both of my siblings were already out of my sight.

I turned my whole body and walked towards the bathroom and fixed my hair in there.

My eyes closed slightly and my head tilted to the left as I watched myself in the mirror. My once shiny blonde hair was now damaged and a few cuts had appeared around my face.

I shook my head a couple times and got out of the bathroom.

No time for complaining about superficial things have much more important things to worry about

________

My feet move automatically through the hallways, people walked past me, but my mind was somewhere else.

What do I say? Could I possibly embarrass myself more than I had ever before? Does Hal know I have a miniature crush on him?

More and more questions filled my head and caused my collision with someone.

"Sorry, I was a little distracted."

"Goodmorning Emily, how is everyone?" Tom asked with his big smile.

"Good, thanks for asking. Have you seen Dai?"

"Yes actually, he is good, think he'll survive this." I scratched the back of his neck, just like Hal did.

"Really? That's great," My thoughts began to form once again. "I need to go, but tell me if you need anything."

"Bye, Emily," Tom said as he waved his hand.

_________

My bowl of cereal made a loud bang as it crashed with the table. I sat down facing a certain someone.

"Hi, sorry for not getting here earlier, Colton and Avery wouldn't let me get ready."

"Hey, those kids are going to make you insane, aren't they?" Hal asked.