Chapter 13

Longest chapter so far! Hope you enojoy it and please comment what you think about it.

"That's a flying pig!" Avery said.

"I think it looks like ice cream." I told her.

"It's a dragon!" Colton moved closer to me.

Colton, Avery and I were laying in the grass looking at the sky. It was blue and peaceful. We had been there for about thirty minutes, just looking. It was just one of those moments that you want them to last for forever.

"I'll go and help the others in the kitchen. You two should go and play with the other kids."

Colton nodded his head, grabbed Avery by the hand and ran towards the field.

"Have fun!" I screamed as they ran through the grass.

The kids were still playing, supervised, while the oldest were helping with dinner.

I stood and walked inside the house. Mike and some others were helping to set the table, they didn't seem to need help.

I walked into the kitchen to find Hal and Tessa laughing.

It made my blood boil. I didn't like her, she seemed she was hiding something. The last thing we needed was not being able to trust each other.

"Hi, need any help?"

"Think we got it, thanks." Tessa gave one of her smiles. One word, fake.

"Actually, I need your help. Follow me." Hal told me and took me by the hand.

I nodded my head.

His big hand was warm and made me feel special. I felt no electricity running through my hand and fingers like it happens in stories, but I felt different.

"His name is Nicholas. He has been treated in the clinic, but his cold is getting worse."

"Nicholas? I treated him at the clinic."

We walked up the stairs and got into one of the rooms.

The same boy I had seen days ago in the clinic was now laying on the bed.

"I send him to rest a little, but maybe you could do something about it."

I decided to move closer to Nicholas and examine him a little.

His face was pale and drops of sweat were all over his face. He had his eyes closed but you could see he was awake.

"What are you feeling?" I asked.

"Everything is spinning, I want my mommy." He started to twirl around in the bed.

I moved my hand and touched his forehead. "Fever. Hal, can you ask if they have any antibiotics?"

"Sure, be right back."

"Am I going to die?" Nicholas asked.

I chuckled. "You sound like my brother. You're not going to die, it's probably just a twenty-four hour virus." I told him.

A few minutes passed and Hal came back with some towels and water.

"Hey, they had no antibiotics, but I got this."

"Thanks Hal."

I grabbed the towel and immersed it in the water. After that, I placed it on Nicholas forehead.

Hal exited the door without saying a thing. Weirdo.

"This should get your fever down. Have a rest, okay?" I said.