Chapter 34

Hey, guys! I know it has been so long since I last updated, but I'm back. I know this is a short chapter and all, but I hope you like it. 

"T-thanks," I stumbled on my own words, not sure what to say to Hal's ex-girlfriend. 

I cleared my thought quickly and placed a cold stare across my face, not wanting to show emotions to her. 

"It's Hal's, right?" Karen asked with a hint of amusement on her voice. 

"Yes, it is."

And he actually thinks I look very hot - I thought with rage.

"Are you guys, like a thing?"

"Yes, we're together," I said as I turned around and start walking around the cell, she was getting on my nerves, but I wasn't going to show her that.

I heard a chuckle from behind me, "Oh, he didn't tell me anything when he came by."

She's just trying to get into your head, don't let her manipulate you

"I don't think it matters if he told you or not, we're together and that's it," I turned towards her with a smirk across my face. 

Karen gave me a fake smile and talked, "Don't get used to it, I'm getting him back."

I hate that bitch!

"I don't think so, Karen."

"You don't see it, right?" She chuckled once more, "Look at us," She pointed, "We look the same, could even say we're sisters."

I gave her a look, she had her long blonde hair up in a ponytail and her blue eyes stood out just like mine. I couldn't deny that we looked pretty similar. 

"I'm gonna go, I was just looking for Ben," I said quietly, not daring to look at her face.

"Hal looked someone to replace me and he found you, Emily. He's using you to forget me and it's obviously not working," Karen gave me an evil smile as she walked towards me.

"Stay away from me, don't you dare touch me," I kept moving backwards, but my voice was sharp.

Karen's spikes lit up and I could feel the rush coming over my body. Somehow, we connected and I could feel her trying to get into my thoughts. I did my best to keep my mind shut, but I wasn't going to be able to hold her out for much longer.

A couple more minutes passed until energy start draining out of my body.

"You're useless. At least, I still have Ben under my spell," Those words were the last ones I heard before everything became black.

_______

I heard mumbles coming from a source near me. Everything was still black, but the words start getting more and more clear.

"I'm so sorry, Em. I didn't mean to call you a freak, I would never do that. I should have gone after you to explain you everything, but so many things had happened that I wasn't sure what to do. I know how much you suffered because of Jason and other people judging you and it was never my intention to do so," He whispered against my ear. 

As I opened my eyes, a familiar face appeared before me. Hal was laying in bed next to me and as soon as he saw I was awake an enormous smile formed on his face.

"I forgive you, Hal," I said, not taking my eyes off his. 

I honestly couldn't do it anymore. I needed his scent, his kissed, his patience, his comfort, his embrace... I needed him.

"Hey, beautiful," Hal said as he stroked my hair, "I'm sorry for everything."

I immediately jumped over him as my arms moved around his neck. At first, he was surprised by my actions, but soon he hugged me back.

"I know, it was just that Karen had come and I just thought that maybe you were using me," I told him wrapping my arms around his torso tighter.

"Using you?"

"Yeah... Using me to forget her."

Hal got out of my embrace and placed his fingers on my chin as he lifted it up, forcing me to look him straight into his chocolate brown eyes. 

He gave me a sweet smile and talked, "Em, I want to be as clear as possible. I love you and Karen nor anyone is going to change that. I don't want to be with you because you're beautiful, but because you are yourself and I love your personality and every little thing you do."

"I love you, Hal Mason."

As soon as I finished talking, I crashed my lips against his. Hal immediately responded, I could feel the desperation behind his kisses. His hands moved up to my neck as he attracted my face closer to his.

That was it hit me, Karen was out there and it was just matter of time until she got Ben.

"You," he kissed my lips, "need to look," he kissed me again, "for Ben."

He stopped our kiss and gave me a questioning look.

"How long was I out?"

"Out? Do you mean sleeping? Maybe four or five hours."

"Hal, I wasn't sleeping. I blacked out."

"What? Dai found you on a hall sleeping against the wall. He thought maybe you were tired and carried you here, he then went to look for me and I came."

"I was with Karen and we were arguing, all of a sudden her spikes lit up and she tried to get in my head. She's very dangerous Hal, you need to find Ben before she does."

"Are you sure? We are talking about Karen after all."

"One hundred percent sure. Please, Hal, Ben needs you."

Hal nodded his head and got up the bed in a rush. He grabbed his gun and kissed my forehead one last time.

"We'll finish this later," Hal said with a playful wink.

"You bet."

As soon as he closed the door, I sighed, but my lips curved into a smile.

I can't help, but to love him

It would be great if you could vote and comment!