Chapter 11

Hope you like it! This is happening at season one episode six. Love you guys and make sure to vote and comment.

Edited

*One week later*

     It was loud and noisy. People gossiping about some guy from the Fifth Mass that planned onto take the children away from their parents. You could see they were terrified from looking at their faces.

     Something didn't feel right, why leaving the children with minimum protection if they were the principal targets? It had no sense.

     "Em, hurry!" Colton screamed at me.

     He was with Avery and started running towards the gym, where most people were gathered.

     There were tables with food and drinks, boxes and supplied all over the gym. Some people were taking supplies from one place to another, others were supervising and most of them were talking with one another.

     "Coming!" I told them.

     I walked faster to catch with them as I adjust a small gun in my belt. After a few lessons with Hal, Tom made me get one for protection only. He said we could never be enough protected. I wasn't very comfortable with it, but he was right.

     My siblings were now in line and a little behind was Ben choosing his food. Colton and Avery were taking their juice and talking with a few kids.

     I walked and got in line behind Ben. He didn't notice at first, but I decided to open my big mouth.

     "Hi Ben. How have you been?"

     "Hey there." He turned his attention towards me. "Good, you?" Ben said.

     "Perfect. Have you heard the rumors?" I said.

     "Yes, maybe is for the best." He told me.

     "I really don't think so."

     "Why don't you take one and get out of here?" A man came forward and asked Ben. His tone was piss and not very friendly.

     "What's your problem?" Ben said. He seemed surprised that someone was talking to him in such a way.

     "Hey, leave him alone. He's not doing anything to you," I told the unknown man.

     A fairly amount of people begun to surround us and the place became silent. They all stopped what they were doing and watched the show.

     "I'm not standing in line with this racerback." The guy looked at me for a minute and then turned around to the people gathered around. "He's one of the reasons why the Skitters are coming!"

    Hal and Maggie began to walk towards us, knowing it was getting serious. Hal's face was filled with worry and his eyes moved from Ben, to the man, to me.

    "Hey, take what you want and go," Maggie told Ben but I knew I needed to do the same.

    I grabbed a bag of peanuts and got where my siblings were. They stood at the corner, watching as Hal discussed with the man and defended Ben.

     "Let's go." I took both by their hands and walked out of the crowd. They didn't need to see a fight, not now. I knew the topic affected them.

     We stood by the door and ate in silence for a few seconds.

     All the people began to disperse and I got a good look at the Mason brothers. Hal was standing in front of the tables of food and Ben was leaving the gym with his head down.

     "Can we go with Natalie, Matt, and the other kids?" Avery asked me.

     "Sure, don't leave the gym, okay?" I said.

     Avery nodded and Colton gave me a thumbs up with his beautiful smile. He was adorable.

     My feet start moving towards Ben without even giving it a second thought. He needed someone to talk to that knew what he was going through.

     I was now a few meters from Ben when a strong hand caught my arm. It made me turned and to my surprise it was not other than Hal Mason.

     "It's not a good idea." He said.

     "What?"

     "He needs some time alone."

     "Maybe," I tried to keep my voice down and asked Hal, "Is it true that they are sending the kids away?"

     "It's an option, anyone under twenty is going."

     "You are coming or staying to patrol and that stuff?"

     "Think I'll stay."

     Too bad, I liked spending time with Hal. He was always there for me and my siblings. As the time passed we have become... friends? I guess.

     "Oh, okay, I have to get going but see you later Hal."

     As I turned around his voice stopped me.

     "Em, wait."

     "Yes?" I said.

     He sighed. "Be careful."

     "Always." I told him with a laugh.

     Hal just chucked and kept doing his stuff.

     I decided to go to the biology classroom, best known as the clinic, so I could help Anne a little.

     A little boy was sitting in one of the beds. No one was there with him, so I figured he was waiting for Dr. Glass. He looked about eleven and stared at the wall in horror.

     "Hi, I'm Emily," When he noticed his whole body became tense. "Are you okay? You look a little green."

     "Y-ye-yeah, I'm a little afraid of doctors." He moved in bed nervously. "My name is Nicholas."

     "Hi Nicholas, Don't worry, Dr. Glass is the best."

     "I know, but I'm still scared."

     "Maybe I can you check you? I'm are not a doctor."

     Nicholas nodded his head slowly.

     "My throat hurts and I sneeze constantly."

     I examined his thought.

     "That my friend, is a cold." I took a box. "I'll give you these, take one every day."

     "Thank you, Emily."

     "No problem, now go, have fun with your friends."

     He nodded and got out of the clinic.

     I stayed there for a while and organized the supplies in the furniture. After a few minutes Lourdes came running through the door.

     "Nicholas!" She said.

     "I took care of him, he had a cold."

     "Oh, thanks Emily." Her unmistakable smile appeared on her face. "We should go to the gym, there will be an announcement."

     "Okay, let's go." I nodded my head.

     Both of us walked to the gym in silence. She was a nice and optimistic girl, but after the common topics, my siblings, aliens, and even weather, there was nothing to talk about.

     The school's gym was full of civilians, kids and 'soldiers'.

     I waved good-bye at Lourdes and moved towards my siblings. All the kids were sitting on the floor and laughing as hard as they could. They were having a good time and I wasn't going to ruining it. As I turned around Tom walked inside and asked for everyone's attention.

Guess their fun is ruined anyway - I thought.

     After a small discussion between the anxious parents and Tom, the decision was made. They were going to send us, kids, with the Lieutenant.

     We were leaving in two hours.