Chapter 41

Can't begin to express how sorry I am for not updating. Life has been a complete chaos and I couldn't find the strength and inspiration to write. But I'm here now and I hope to be updating on 2 weeks, maybe sooner. Thanks for reading!

No one spoke up. Partly, because Tom and Anne were having such a good time with Hal having a tampon up his nose, but also because Hal and I were too embarrassed to say anything.

     It wasn't like we were doing anything wrong, it was just that no one wanted their boyfriend's dad seeing you do that with his son.

Tom avoided eye contact and covered his mouth to hold in the laugh, while Anne didn't try to hide her amusement as she threw her head back and trembled in laughter.

An awkward chuckle got out my mouth. I could feel my cheeks heating up drastically. All I wanted was for the Earth to swallow me.

Tom didn't seem to care what he had seen a minute ago, all he did was shake his head with a big grin on his face.

"Well, we better get going," Hal said and turned to me. "Let's go, Em."

I only nodded my head and followed Hal to the door, but Tom made us stop.

"Aren't you forgetting something?" He said as he scratched his nose.

Anne laughed even harder than before and grabbed her torso tightly.

Hal sighed and turned to face me looking at the tampon's string hanging out his nostril. 

    "Really Hal? You can't take it off?" I questioned mocking him.

    "Em, please. Could you just pull it out?"

    He started to get desperate for me to take it off, he tried to rub his face against me. It was so funny I didn't want it to end.

    But it had to, so I quickly took the tampon off, we took our backpacks and left the room.

"They're never going' to let me forget this," Hal whispered in my ear as he interlaced our fingers together.

"No, and neither will I," I told him with a giggle.

He shook his head with a grin. "I should really change this shirt and you should change yours too, it's all bloody."

     "You're right about that, let's go change," I said and pointed to the bathrooms.

     We enter and changed there for about five minutes. Then we decided to just wonder around, not giving a care in the world.

     "What position did you play in lacrosse?"

      "Attacker, and I was a pretty good one too." Hal winked at me.

     I chuckled. "Really? I would had never guessed since you don't spend hours telling me how amazing you're at everything you do," I said sarcastically.

     "Ha ha, very funny," Hal said with a goofy smile.

     "Not as funny as you, remember you're the best at everything," I teased.