#33: The Vermillion Uprising

Astra, a young Vermillion warrior stood in line as she heard her commander speak.

"Thisss time you lovely lot will help take control over Ninjago, if you remember in the passst we weren't ssso successful."

Astra was just born by then, the thought of ruling over Ninjago made her blood pump.

She quickly yet quietly left the barracks to find her mom, though what was the point?

Instead she went exploring, despite what was going on Astra was still curious.

"The Vermillion thisss, The Vermillion that. Isss there anything we don't already know? Can sssomeone fill me in on the legend of the Phoenix?"

That story she heard her mother tell her made her want to learn more.

She wanted to learn of her power, the power to rebirth and be reborn, but quickly shook the thought out of her head.

"My focusss isss on the Vermillion uprisssing, sssooner or later I'll find out about thisss Phoenix and her power."

Astra was lost in thought as she continued to walk talking to herself in the process, there were so many thoughts. . .

Thoughts that weren't safe, thoughts that could get her killed if she weren't careful.

Those thoughts were scary, and she needed to forget them.

She couldn't couldn't get any of those thoughts away, she soon started to cry.

The tears that had fallen from her eyes were tears of fear, the fear she couldn't shake.

"Astra?" A voice called out to her.

She didn't hear the voice instead she backed away hiding the fear and sadness that showed.

"Shit. I missed my chance talking to her." He sighed softly.