#23

As time went on Scarlett grew much paler as she picked at her bandages looking out the window.

Birds were flying together singing, she softly whistled as she started to feel herself tear up a bit.

She had soon let herself pass out, her head hitting her desk hard causing it to attract attention towards her motionless body.

This caused the teacher to worry and start to cry.

"Ma'am I can take her to the nurse's office if you'd like." A male's voice called as he picked her up.

"Please do, she's not fit to continue on with class." She said with a nod.

The boy nodded as he walked towards the nurse's office with her in hand.

"She's so pretty, she's just like a withered flower who needs to bloom. I want to help her and I want to love her too."

Once he had gotten there he sat her down humming softly waiting for her to wake up.

With a gasp Scarlett woke up with tears in her eyes, trying to rub them away.

"Oh hey, you're awake. The teacher was worried about you." His voice said softly.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know what happened, I-I didn't want anyone to worry! I-I. . ."

"Hey, hey, hey. It's alright, it wasn't your fault." He smiled softly, "We were worried about you."

She blushed softly looking at him, she wasn't so sure on what to say.

He was so sweet, just like the rest of her last period class.

She felt so embarrassed about everything that has happened.

"Aren't you by chance Avery's brother? Aren't you also apart of the newspaper club?"

"Ah! Yeah! I'm Logan, I'm also your science partner."

"Oh! Yeah! That's right, I'm sorry about asking."

"It's fine, you were curious is all."

Scarlett blushed softly as she laid back down closing her eyes one last time, "I feel stupid."

"Don't say that, you're a beautiful girl who doesn't deserve what's happening."

"Ah, really?"

"Yeah, at least that's what I think."