#17: Zane's POV

I sat at the computer with a small sigh thinking to myself.

Thinking of the bad things, I know there's a lot going on.

Arlette was gone, the one woman I have yet to learn from is gone.

"Uncle Zane?" A soft voice called.

I looked up to see Scarlett who had recently cried, all I could do was hold out my arms for her.

She fell into my arms, heart softly beating as I held onto her.

"I wish I could say everything will be alright, but from the looks of it things are only getting worse." I said softly.

Scarlett looked up at me with a sigh, "I hope they will change, I really miss mom."

"I miss her too." I said with a soft smile.

"We just need to have hope, we need to keep on believing just for mom. No matter what, we are a family."

Hearing Scarlett say those words made me have a small sense of hope, she was right after all we are a family.

"I'm done crying, I wanna fight with everyone. I just want my mom back."

Hearing her say she would fight with us left me surprised, I couldn't let her risk her life.

What would Arlette say if she found out that her daughter risked her life for her?

I quickly shook the thought away and gave a heavy sigh, "I'll let your father know of this."

"Thank you Uncle Zane!" She said happily hugging me.

"Of course." I chuckled softly hugging her back.

After our hug, I've seen her run off.

She was such a young girl, someone I promised to look after.

I realized how similar Arlette and Scarlett were, and it made me smile.